too much protien

Options
Does it matter if i eat more protein then i am allowed for a day? When i say more i mean like 5 to 20 grams over.

Replies

• blondie6688
    Options
    I've read that we actually need 1 g of protein per lb we weigh. Example, I'm 145 with 22 Percent body fat. So I take 32 (22x145) from 145 and get 113. I Believe that is the amount of grams I'm supposed to eat . 113 x4 is 452 calories per day of protein. There is 4 calories in a gram of protein. If you are crazy active you 're supposed to have 1.2 grams per lb. So , are you truly eating too much protein???
  • jtjunkie
    jtjunkie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I almost always go over on my protein, but I guess of all the things I could go over on, protein would be the least of all evils???
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I deliberately go over the set goal and still probably don't get enough.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I've read that we actually need 1 g of protein per lb we weigh. Example, I'm 145 with 22 Percent body fat. So I take 32 (22x145) from 145 and get 113. I Believe that is the amount of grams I'm supposed to eat . 113 x4 is 452 calories per day of protein. There is 4 calories in a gram of protein. If you are crazy active you 're supposed to have 1.2 grams per lb. So , are you truly eating too much protein???

I thought it was 4 cals per gram of carb and 6 to 7 per gram of protein
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

noooooooooooooooooooooo
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My sister in law who works at a hospital had about 85 lbs to lose and they put her on 1200 cal. a day and 80 grams of protein . They said the protein helps get rid of the fat!!

Basil
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    carbs= 4
    protein= 4
    alcohol= 7
    fat= 9
  • sandyrrt
    sandyrrt Posts: 255 Member
    Options

Protein per gram= 4 cals Carb per gram=4 cals Fat per gram= 9 cals
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    carbs= 4
    protein= 4
    alcohol= 7
    fat= 9

^^ This! which is why I only drink some weekends now Ha. (if I can turn down the sweet chocolate for being an empty calorie, I can turn down alcohol for being a worse than empty calorie :D )