Best weighted vests

Options
Ok so I want to introduce a weighted vest into my workout to intensify it. I already have ankle and wrist weights but need more. I bought the golds gym 20lb vest at walmart but it is super uncomfortable, it seem to be for a much larger person. All weight was on my shoulders and even with just 5lbs it dug into my neck. I was wondering if anyone knows of a better vest out there???

Replies

• riley_ransom
    Options
    Anyone???
  • riley_ransom
    Options
    bump
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    bumping cuz i'd like to know too!
  • riley_ransom
    Options
    so try again bump!
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    The only thing I know about weighted vests is that they can be found near the pool accessories. Which I thought was pretty funny.

Sorry, I meant "Bump!" :laugh:
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I have a Z Fitness weighted vest. It's 60 pounds and can be adjusted down to 0. It rides high on my chest and straps tightly to my body so there is no flopping around or excessive movement while I am walking or jogging while wearing it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001VE9RY4/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=zerot0d-20

Positive reviews on Amazon led me to finally select this particular vest. It's the only one I've ever used so I cannot comment on other brands. I am pleased with my purchase and glad to have one to help mix things up a bit.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I have a Z Fitness weighted vest. It's 60 pounds and can be adjusted down to 0. It rides high on my chest and straps tightly to my body so there is no flopping around or excessive movement while I am walking or jogging while wearing it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001VE9RY4/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=zerot0d-20

Positive reviews on Amazon led me to finally select this particular vest. It's the only one I've ever used so I cannot comment on other brands. I am pleased with my purchase and glad to have one to help mix things up a bit.

How long have you used it? I love that it straps to your trunk instead of just hanging from your shoulders...
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I am in my second year of using it. I have run in it only a few times. I mostly use it when mowing my lawn which entails me walking for as long as two hours at a shot. At 60 pounds I can definitely the impact. My core is ALWAYS sore after using it so I'm confident it's doing what I want it to do. Not to mention the add'l calorie burn.

As to stability, those straps keep it from sliding around or swaying on your body at all. It's snug and stays put nicely.