Bump

Options
I am not a professional blogger. As a matter of fact I've never posted much of anything on the computer before today so I am not familiar with abreviations and what seem like inside jokes. I noticed a lot of people posting "bump" before their post or just posting that and nothing else. What does it mean.

Replies

• bananapopsicle1
    bananapopsicle1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about this too....
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    These forums move the newest posts to the top... so if someone wants to move their post to the top they might just comment BUMP to get it up to the top/recent posts.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    it's like a "bookmark" ..... we're interested in the discussion, but can't comment right then ..... we'll come back to it later :drinker:
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    What do some of the other abbreviations mean?
  • RCG76
    RCG76 Posts: 11
    Options
    if you type bump then that thread will show up in your "my topics" section to read later when you have more time or to keep the recipe for quick reference etc. Hope this helps :)
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    What do some of the other abbreviations mean?

give us a list of abbreviations you have questions on, and I and others will be pleased to elucidate...
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    theres C25K, theres the nv something...
  • floersh21
    floersh21 Posts: 44
    Options
    It means they are posting simply to move their topic up so it's among the board's latest posts; this is useful if one hasn't received any responses.
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump
  • j_wilson2012
    j_wilson2012 Posts: 293
    Options
    bump
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    theres C25K, theres the nv something...

Don't know about the c25k, but NSV is Non-scale victory. Like being able to walk up a fight of stairs and not be winded or fitting into old cloths again...
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    C25K is a program / App to train a non runner to run a 5K in 9 weeks.

NSV is a Non Scale Victory..like an old pair of pants fitting again or someone commenting on your weight loss.
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    As above NSV is non scale victory C25K is couch to 5 km.....
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    Bring Up My Post (B.U.M.P.)

On here it's common just to say "bump" even though it's not your post you want to bring up. People rarely use it correctly...kinda like "loose" for lose or "your" for you're.... but you'd think I cared from that.... but not so much. Everyone is pretty cool around here. :tongue: