Jillian Michael's 30 day shred success?

Options
124»

Replies

• Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Im new to MFP and looking at everyones comments and pics and am amazed at how determined everyone is...gives me hope for myself....question, what is this Jillian Michaels 30 day shred everyone is talking about??? I havent seen or heard of it.

It's a work out DVD you can buy from all sorts of places in shops and online. If you want to see what it's like, it's on YouTube. Search for Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3.
  • missworld95
    missworld95 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 1 of level 1, I have to say I freaking love it! It made me sweat but I was able to finish it without practically dying. I'm scared for level 2...
  • jaxg1234
    jaxg1234 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm on level 1 Day 4! I really enjoy it!!

But at the end of it I am buggered hahaha
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Finally finished my 30th day a few minutes ago!!!! I feel awesome!!!
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Finally finished my 30th day a few minutes ago!!!! I feel awesome!!!

Pictures!!!!!
  • ItsSamantha
    ItsSamantha Posts: 127
    Options
    I love 30 day shred!I am on day 23 level 3.I can tell a big different in day 1 and now.I can do more and i feel better after i workout.I have lost 4 lbs and 8 3/4 inches so far.I would say u will have good results!Good luck with the rest of your 30 day shred!
  • rinnismom
    rinnismom Posts: 190
    Options
    i wish i could say the same as so many of the other posters, but the first time that i did it, i gained weight and inches. i took pictures. i took measurements. i did other physical activities while doing the 30DS. i kept my calories low. i drank lots of water. i took my vitamins. i did not take days off.

i was beat to hell and back the first week and a half. day 1-4, i could hardly walk. literally, i was so stiff that i'd whimper just walking to the bathroom. i had to modify some of the moves because i wasn't strong enough for them (i use the 5 lb. hand weights she sugggests). by workout 2, my knees were creaky and i felt like they were just going to shatter. by workout 3, i could almost keep myself together until she (jillian) introduced me to the "rockstar jump". i cocked my head and looked at jillian, flabbergasted that she was jumping around like someone lit her on fire.... what the hades..... seriously, what kind of happy pill was she taking when she decided to throw that one in the mix.... i digress (my apologies).

i can say this: though i did not lose any weight/inches from doing jillian's 30DS, i did notice a serious increase in my stamina and recovery time.

this time around, i'm at level 2, day 5, with the sweat still on my forehead from doing the workout. i take the weekend off. i'm still eating healthy and drinking lots of water. i do not wake up with any signifigant soreness. i haven't felt any real creaks in my knees. my calorie burn is down. now, i know some people would think that it's a bad thing but i read somewhere that as my body becomes healthier and more toned, the same workout that once had me burning 250 calories might not give me the same burn. i'm, again, okay with that because it means that i'm getting what i ultimately want from my body - to be fit.

i'm not mastering ALL of the moves but i've mastered most of them. i'm not bumbling through. i feel like the moves make sense and i really do feel it where she says i should be feeling it. better still, when doing my bicycle crunches.... my elbows touched my knees!!!

i can't give "rave reviews" and five stars because the 30-day shred didn't give me weight-loss and/or inch-loss. there is no miracle for either of those things. just try it for yourself and base your results off what you can live with. my feeling stronger was enough for me to go through the program again. even if, at the end of this, i don't see any results, it won't stop me from starting her 6-week six pack nor any of the other dvd's of hers that i've bought.

regardless of what i or anyone else says, keep going. if you give up because it's "too hard", you'll never know what it can do for you.

best of luck!
  • adila1979
    adila1979 Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi! I'm on day 10 of 30DS and I'll start level two tomorrow. I'm loving it! At times i felt like i took a beating, but it was a good beating! Today i weighed myself in and lost 6 pounds. I'm not doing just the 30DS I also do a little Zumba and a lot of walking. I am absolutely thrilled with this result; i think it's working, and in 20 days i'll post pictures just to see if you lot can see any difference. keep it up:)
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I read on her website that the producers called it 30 day shred. It wasn't meant to be done in only 30 days. As a matter of fact is was supposed to be spread out over a 1.5 to 3 month coarse, so don't feel bad if it takes longer, as long as you are working out and eating right that is key. I personally think the workout is just right for me getting my strength up again without hurting myself. I was doing Chalean Extreme and Turbo fire and riding my horse and walking on my elliptical bbut my body said it was to much to soon after having my son, so I toned it down. I now do 5 days a week doing 30ds and I am on day 5. I am not stressing about when I get it done, but if I go on the 5 on 2 off schedule like most bigger, faster, stronger programs are set up then I should be done by my anniversary on August 31 with round 1 of 30 ds..round 2 will start in september. My goal is 2 rounds of 30ds, 2 rounds of ripped in 30 and 2 rounds of her 30 day ripped and shred..which completes the shred series. So far I have lost in 5 days 0.5 on my waist and hips and 8 pounds changing my diet to low carbs and high protein..good luck and maybe in 9 months I will have reached my goal and show you what these workouts can do.
  • alikonner
    alikonner Posts: 67
    Options
    I am on day 3 of level 3 (so day 23 of 30).... I have only lost about 2 lbs.. buttt.. TWO inches off my belly! I measured at my belly button (not sure the correct place to measure) and it is already 2 inches smaller! My legs are getting more defined too. I still have a long way to go on my belly, but it is so exciting to see 2 inches gone in 23 days! I'm going to do her 6 pack in 6 weeks and/or ripped in 30 next.

Good luck!!!
  • ReachingNEON
    ReachingNEON Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yeah..after two days you feel very sore, for me it was even hard to get up. LOL!! But on the 2nd day after Level 1 I took a shower and I felt really good. =)! This is challenging, I don't see that much results yet, but I will push!
  • lisey115
    lisey115 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am on L1D6 and I still cannot finish the entire thing without stopping at least once. I hope my endurance will pick up after I keep doing this. I am so out of shape!
  • Suaso
    Suaso Posts: 48
    Options
    L1D4 today and feeling battered!
    Love this program to death though. I'm not someone who incorporates strength training into work outs so this DVD is a godsend :) Planning to take pictures of my progress (Day 1, Day 15 and Day 30) and post them to my profile.
    Can't wait to move up to level 2!
  • jeet1966
    jeet1966 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I are on day 9 today. We can totally see the difference in endurance and toning. It' so easy to fit 20 minutes into your day if you are busy. The first day we were OMG, we can't do this. Day 3 was better and each day gets better and easier and you really feel like you accomplished something. We also started Boot camp (Day 2 today, will do it three times a week) so with the two combined we are hoping for awesome results.

PS: Boot camp uses a lot of the same excercises as JM but it is 60 min. long. Like Jillian Michaels on drugs! It's crazy but awesome. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!