30DS Level 2 People

Options
bwdcjk
bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
What is your fave part? What part do you hate?

I like the oblique twists and skaters. I HATE the chair squat with V raises (or whatever they are called)!!

Replies

• bwdcjk
    Options
    bumping my own post...cuz I really really really hate those chair squats with V raises! Who's with me? lol
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    yes! I hate those and BURPEES LOL!
  • ReneeCK
    ReneeCK Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I CANNOT get through those chair squats and V-raises, either! HATE THEM! :grumble:
  • 1n2m3g
    1n2m3g Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I like the skaters too, hate the v-raises!! Never felt pain like level 3 though :)
  • DzzyButterfly
    DzzyButterfly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I only have two days left in level 2.

I am learning to love MOST of the moves. I hated the jumping jacks in level 1 (large chest-- it isn't very comfortable!) and I am glad to see that we only have two sets of those.

I hate the V Raises because at that point I am exhausted and I hate the last ab move-- the plank/twist crap. I hate it SO much that I do the bicycle ab move (the last ab move in level 1) in its place. For me, the bicycle move is harder and improves my abs more.
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    YESSSS! Those chair squats are brutal!! I would only use like 2.5lbs weights and I could barely lift my arms at that part! I haven't done the shred in awhile, but I remember distinctly hating those!

I'm doing the JM BodyRev right now and I love it! There are a lot of moves from the shred in there and now that I am doing them in a different workout, they seem the easiest!

Have you got to walking pushups?? Those are my favs! :smile:
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yes, the chair squat things are a pain, but after doing level 2 for 6 days I am seeing major improvements in my shoulder strength, so they are doing something.

I really like the walk out push-ups even though I struggle with doing the push-up part. I alternate a walkout push-up with a walkout plank.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Level 2 next week - I'll be able to commiserate with you then. I'm still in Level 1, land of the hateful side lunges.
  • DzzyButterfly
    Options
    Oh-- and does anyone else fear for Jillian's boobies in level 2? It always looks like they are going to pop out of that piece of fabric she calls a sports bra. *haha*
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I agree the V raises are awful! Perhaps they wouldn't be so bad earlier in the workout, but by that point my arms feel like they're going to die!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Oh-- and does anyone else fear for Jillian's boobies in level 2? It always looks like they are going to pop out of that piece of fabric she calls a sports bra. *haha*

haha. Maybe I wouldn't hate L2 so much if that did happen. At least it would make me giggle. Who doesnt love boobies???
  • 1n2m3g
    1n2m3g Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I feel sad for Anita... it's so obvious that Jillian only has eyes for Natalie :)
  • grimsin
    grimsin Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    started level 2 this morning, I'd say it was noticeably more difficult than level 1. the plank jacks or whatever they are called kicked my *kitten*. good workout
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I love level 2. I think the chair squats with the V raises are my favorite part. they hurt like hell but they really do work. I'm using 10lb dumbells and can barely get through them after the Military lifts but they are sooo worth the pain.
  • DzzyButterfly
    Options
    I feel sad for Anita... it's so obvious that Jillian only has eyes for Natalie :)

Anita looks more fit that Natalie to me. Plus, Natalie is a cheater!!!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options

Anita looks more fit that Natalie to me. Plus, Natalie is a cheater!!!

Exactly! Natalie cheats so Jillian favors Anita. LOL
  • bwdcjk
    Options
    Today I tried dropping from 3 lbs weights down to 2 lb ones for the V raises but they felt a lot lighter and then I felt like I was cheating myself so I grabbed the 3's again. I am getting better at the walk out push ups...only bent knees on the last couple. The plank stuff is hard...I don't have the arm strength for it yet. I have to kneel down for a heartbeat or two. lol I literally crawl to the mat for the abs stuff after plank.
  • morganmay92
    Options
    I hate anythign on there that has to do with planks! but I like the cardio and ab work that doesn't involve planks...
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    When I get there, I'll let you know!