Is it cheating?

Options
I am putting today's late night munchie (Beef N Cheddar) onto tomorrow's journal, because I am tired and can work it off tomorrow. Is this cheating? I feel like if I work it off in the next 24 hours, I'll be good =)

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    If you gain.. you cheated. If you lose you cheated fate! haha.(work it off tomorrow)
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. My new day starts at midnight, not when I wake up. I usually stay up until 2-4 AM. My day goes midnight to 11:59 pm. I actually just waited until 10 minutes ago to get my snack as I'm working on school work. =)
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am putting today's late night munchie (Beef N Cheddar) onto tomorrow's journal, because I am tired and can work it off tomorrow. Is this cheating? I feel like if I work it off in the next 24 hours, I'll be good =)

no, it doesn't matter. it's the total amount of calories eaten over a period of time...not 1 day...that matter. So, work it off tomorrow and hope you enjoyed that delicious sammich! :):bigsmile:
  • stagegoddess
    stagegoddess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i like to think of my eating/workouts as a week-long thing....it evens out over the course of the week. i work several jobs and sometimes just have to eat whatever they provide for us (usually pizza/donuts/bagels/some fruit) or i don't eat at all. then i'm stuck behind my desk for 15 hours and then go for a super long hike the next day and eat nothing but fruit and salads.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    It's not cheating if you're in a different zip code I believe...
  • bennysammysofie
    Options
    No, its not cheating. Tomorrow starts when you wake up!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Its only cheating if your balls touch......no wait......that's wrong......it's not cheating it's something else.....oh well....I can't remember.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    lol I do that all the time.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it really don't matter WHEN you post it as long as you post it and don't go overboard. There is no prize for getting under your calories in a given day. Really, it don't matter. The point is that on average, you should average about what your goal is... Maybe one day you are 100 over.. another day 200 under... It really is ok... Best wishes on your journey.
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Its only cheating if your balls touch......no wait......that's wrong......it's not cheating it's something else.....oh well....I can't remember.

OMG you made me spit out my water :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Good one!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    my day stops when i am a rest for 8 hours........... starts when im up in the "morning" whatever time that is.

If i go to"bed" at 4am, thats when my day stops.... its when my body lays for more than 6 hours.

This is why i lose every week... i dont try to cheat or BUY time... it is what it is..
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    If Im under my minimum of 1200 I would put on tonight, i have a midnight meal just for this. If Im going to go over my BMR then I put it on tomorrow. Hmmm not cheating just manipulating. :flowerforyou:
  • naples89
    naples89 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    As long as you are recording it on one of the days it doesnt really matter.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Just go over for a day. It's not a big deal. I'm sure you are still under maintenance. If we start being too strict we start giving up easier.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    you can also think of total calories over a three day or even a weeks time. if your total daily calories are 1500 then every three days you can have 4500 calories. your body is constantly fluctuating and doesnt have a start and stop time of day or night.

it is best obvioulsy not to have all 4500 calories on only one of three days but there is nothing wrong with having 1000 today and 2000 tomorow.
  • naivenitara
    Options
    It's not cheating if you're in a different zip code I believe...

Hahahaha! That's great. ;)
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    In the end, the results don't lie. It doesn't matter when you record it, just put it down somewhere so that when you look back on why you lost or didn't lose this week you have an accurate picture of exactly what you ate and what exercise you did.
  • VogtAndrea
    VogtAndrea Posts: 236
    Options
    Whether it's cheating or not, you should record it. Today is today. Tomorrow is tomorrow. You might as well own it today then start fresh tomorrow. That way you start with a zero balance and no deficit.
  • Preacher224
    Preacher224 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If it is after midnight then it should go on the new day, possibly as a snack. At least that is what I do. But if it is before midnight it is still the same day so I would put it on the day it was eaten. That is really the point of setting a calorie limit for the day. The calories don't know it is entered the next day. They affect you when you eat them. Just my take on it. You do what makes sense to you. Be blessed in your efforts.
  • Moongal028
    Options
    So i am new to this site and i have a question. Do you guys follow any other diet like weight watchers and then track on here, or is everyone on this site going by the calories etc that is allowed once we put in our info and then it tells us what to go by? Looks like so many of you have lost a good amount of weight. I am trying to lose 10 lbs,although would love to have lost 20lbs before aug 26th, but very unlikely. I am walking 4 miles everyday. Thank You in advance.