I do.

Congrats!
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    nope
  • tebcolorado
    Options
    Mine told me tonight I would be 17 pounds less than I am now in 5 weeks. It makes me WANT to reach it. I have a goal to lose 50 pounds by Christmas and if I actually hit 17 pounds in 5 weeks I would on target for that goal. It's hard but doable. It keeps me hoping each morning I wake up. I'll let you know if I hit it in 5 weeks LOL!
  • feellikerain
    feellikerain Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, if I'm super consistent about my diet/exercise, I'm able to hit that number. Honestly, I don't give it too much attention. I look at it as more of a motivator than anything else. It's nice to think that I could be 8 lbs lighter in 5 weeks, or whatever! Haha.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    A perspective on the whole calories in/out and the "3500 calorie deficit thing" that you may, or may not, find interesting:

http://www.zoeharcombe.com/the-knowledge/20-diet-myths-busted/
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't really use it, but the few times I've actually checked, I tended to surpass the prediction or at least meet it. I think maybe I have my MFP settings a little conservative though (sedentary even though I'm not completely sedentary, for example). Not sure. I don't really care about the estimate, so it's no biggie to me. Plus, lately, I have been really inconsistent about logging my calories. I've been religiously logging my SO's meals though (I cook his food), so maybe I'll check if it gives him good estimates as well?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Nope not even close.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I haven't thought about this before but.. yes. And that is very encouraging.
  • sbduvall
    sbduvall Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just get annoyed that it will take me that long to get there. LOL
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    I just like seeing that number :laugh:

Agree with this.
  • kobashi
    kobashi Posts: 164
    Options
    Oh.. I have hit the number usually actually beat it within three weeks. I have lost substantial weight though, with much more to go.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    not at all I think its just a guide everyone is different we all loose or gain at different rates I think Im the same weight for about 10 weeks
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    It's been giving me roughly the same number for about 3 months. Plateaus suck!
  • Shayrubine
    Options
    Yes! I'm at 15 lbs lost since May and consistantly hit the 5 weeks projection, or very close to it. 12 lbs to go!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

your food & exercise diary holds the key as to why this is happening.

hint - your net calories are sometimes close to 0!
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    I usually don't push the "and done" button on MFP. I tend to have low blood sugar issues despite not being diabetic, so the "and done" button screws me up, because I'll think I'm done and need to grab a glass of juice later!

HOWEVER, on occasion, when I'm mobile posting, since I have a touch screen, I'll accidentally "and done" after just breakfast.. or just one part of breakfast, and get things like "AND in five weeks, you'll weigh 80 something pounds," which makes me giggle.
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Nope, I never...if "you ate like this" for 5 weeks...but I do like the numbers!
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I don't think it takes into consideration the sugar and sodium and other factors we can overdo.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

your food & exercise diary holds the key as to why this is happening.

hint - your net calories are sometimes close to 0!

Yeah, it's something I'm working on. i generally eat about 2k. My output varies quite a bit and I'm finding it *very* hard to get the numbers right.