"if you ate like this for 5 weeks you would weigh"

Options

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It's been giving me roughly the same number for about 3 months. Plateaus suck!

your food & exercise diary holds the key as to why this is happening.

hint - your net calories are sometimes close to 0!

Yeah, it's something I'm working on. i generally eat about 2k. My output varies quite a bit and I'm finding it *very* hard to get the numbers right.

Forget "the numbers". Focus on balance and sustainability in life. I see your 3+ hours of exercise per day, and I worry for you, and I don't even know you.
  • shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Options
    It is interesting seeing those numbers and when you have had a bad day and go over and it has a higher weight it makes you watch what you eat the next day!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

Yeah, it's something I'm working on. i generally eat about 2k. My output varies quite a bit and I'm finding it *very* hard to get the numbers right.

Forget "the numbers". Focus on balance and sustainability in life. I see your 3+ hours of exercise per day, and I worry for you, and I don't even know you.

You might want to scroll back a week to find a more typical example of how my life looks. This was my first week of my holidays. An exercise splurge. :-)

ETA - actually go back a fortnight. Week before last was my post-half-marathon downer week. Couldn't get off the couch!

I usually do about an hour a day. Sometimes two, if I've got cardio in the morning and strength in the evening. More when I have a long run. This week was unusual.

I do worry about getting the balance right, though.
  • nataliexxxx
    nataliexxxx Posts: 262
    Options
    not sure i seem to eat a different amount very day
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

You might want to scroll back a week to find a more typical example of how my life looks. This was my first week of my holidays. An exercise splurge. :-)

Just did that. Yes it looks way more sane when I go back a little further. Phew what a relief! Sorry I jumped to a conclusion after only scanning a few days. :flowerforyou:
  • meerkat70
    Options

Just did that. Yes it looks way more sane when I go back a little further. Phew what a relief! Sorry I jumped to a conclusion after only scanning a few days. :flowerforyou:

I really appreciated your concern. :-)
  • chubbachub
    chubbachub Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    hahahahah thought it was just me!
  • ruksha123
    ruksha123 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Nope, but it keeps you motivated and reminds you what can happen if you eat too much. You have been warned :)
  • hanneberries
    hanneberries Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    No because it changes daily. All it means to say is: if you ate like this every day for the next 5 weeks you'd weigh XXX. Of course, no one eats identically the same day in and day out - some days you are under and some days when you are over. When I go over, it actually projects that my weight will be higher in five weeks. I think the intent of it is to provide motivation not an actual prediction.

This is what I thought, too. It's just if you eat and exercise and have these many cals left over every day, you'll weigh this. But there are very few who do that the same every day, so I just like seeing it sink, because it'll go down and consistently be under a round number. I remember how excited I was when it said for the first time "if you ate like this every day, in 5 weeks you would weigh 95.x", today it consistently says "if you ate like this every day, in 5 weeks you would weigh 88.x", and that alone is very motivating.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I think it is based on the whole "you need to have 7000kcal less to lose one kilogram", which off course is BS, because that varies from one person to the next.

Still, it's surprisingly motivating :).
  • Nighthawk4
    Nighthawk4 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Not been here for 5 weeks yet, but I really hope so. It is a great incentive to think that I could reach that in only 5 weeks.

My real target is predicted for mid-November - which seems such a long way away. However, my '5 week target' is usually just under or just over 200 pounds. That in itself would be a nice stage to reach.

End of August - approx 200 pounds? Yes please :wink:
  • iamluce
    iamluce Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i've actually been losing more than what my 'projected weight loss' said i would
    i'm supposed to be 132-135 in five weeks let's hope it's still accurate
  • sydneytomunich
    sydneytomunich Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't have scales, and haven't had them for a year so I have no idea how accurate anything is. Still, in my mind, I'm the same weight I was a year ago, so I hope to have a pleasant surprise next time I find a set of scales!
    And I do find that number motivating.
  • SherriLibrarian
    Options

ETA - actually go back a fortnight. Week before last was my post-half-marathon downer week. Couldn't get off the couch!

I usually do about an hour a day. Sometimes two, if I've got cardio in the morning and strength in the evening. More when I have a long run. This week was unusual.

I do worry about getting the balance right, though.

It looks like your goal weight is 165. That sounds healthy, unless you're 7 feet tall. I wish I could work out 2 to 3 hours a day.
  • vikdexkaykai
    vikdexkaykai Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!
    Nope. There's no way a computer can perfectly estimate things like that. Everyone's body and bodily functions are different.
  • kmb2522
    kmb2522 Posts: 48
    Options
    After reading all of these I feel like if you have a large amount to lose its on target. Mine that it predicts is what I would like to weigh its been 6 or 7 weeks and I still haven't lost that weight. However I think it maybe the sugar/drinking I'm doing but I'm usually make sure they are within my goal for the day and I try not to eat my exercise calories back so I keep wondering why I haven't hit it yet
  • jamescl131
    Options
    I have lost 8lb so far and I've only been doing it 3 weeks, so it seems correct. I am absolutely obsessed with getting it right and being as scientific as possible. Here's some of the things I have done to make sure I'm not cheating myself, hopefully this will help others.

If you know you've eaten properly ignore your stomach, if it's complaining just drink water or 0 cal drinks.
    I used digital scales that are very accurate.
    Don't weigh in every day.
    Get a measuring jug and make sure what you're having, don't guess you can be out by a massive factor which adds up over time.
    Get some kitchen scales, have exact portions, if you guess you can be out by a massive factor which adds up.
    Double check MFP, occasionally some of the entries are wrong. It may just be a few calories, but it adds up.
    Always under estimate everything slightly, if you think you went for a walk for 20 minutes put 15 just to be sure, round everything up or down slightly against your favour!
    Put absolutely everything in, even 10 calorie things like a pack of chewing gum and never forget drinks, leaving these off can make a massive difference.

Some people who are doing this with me laugh at how accurately I measure everything, but if you put it in as if it were a scientific study and record everything sooooo accurately the figures do seem to add up. So far I've lost slightly more than it said I would, however I understand that is likely to be the case when you first start.

I have about 5 weeks to go for my goal weight.

25968008.png[/url]
  • meerkat70
    Options
    After reading all of these I feel like if you have a large amount to lose its on target. Mine that it predicts is what I would like to weigh its been 6 or 7 weeks and I still haven't lost that weight. However I think it maybe the sugar/drinking I'm doing but I'm usually make sure they are within my goal for the day and I try not to eat my exercise calories back so I keep wondering why I haven't hit it yet

Because you're not eating your exercise cals back....
  • kmb2522
    kmb2522 Posts: 48
    Options
    But aren't you not supposed to eat your exercise calories back?
  • WillUAre
    WillUAre Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I hit mine right on spot.