Shakeology?

Options
Just wondering if anyone has tried shakeology? I was thinking of trying it but just wanted some feedback first :)

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I drink it as a meal replacement shake or a snack and I enjoy it.

I will leave it at that, since I am a Beachbody coach and expressing my positive opinion of it will probably lead to some harassing comments lol. It's not a cheap product, sp make sure you get all the info you need before you make a decision on it =)
  • suenix24
    suenix24 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I like it. I am also using it as a replacement meal.
  • Echo17121
    Echo17121 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking it for over a year and I am still hooked on my same recipe with the Chocolate. I recently signed up to be a coach because my mom got hooked on it and how great she felt after drinking a sample a friend gave me. I was dragging my heels on the coaching aspect but I wanted get her the best discount since afterall- she is my mom lol. So I can say I have loved it long before I was a a coach (even though I don't really sell anything anyways!). I have it as breakfast with a banana, natural pb, cinnamon, flax seed meal, and vanilla almond milk! Soooo good!
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I have it as breakfast with a banana, natural pb, cinnamon, flax seed meal, and vanilla almond milk! Soooo good!

You add all that to a 4 dollar drink? It better be soooo good.
  • Kimminer77
    Kimminer77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I use the vegan chocolate and love it. I have tried many shakes on the market but this is the ONE.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I used to be a coach and wasn't a fan of the chalkiness and a bit bitter to me. I just couldn't finish my container and it is quite expensive. I'd rather have a healthy meal.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    It's a joke, an overpriced scam.

You realise you could get a meal placement shake with a better nutritional profile for half the price elsewhere.....right?

Or like the rest of us just eat real food.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure there's that much money to be made selling it. Most people aren't gullible enough to fall for it. And those who love it end up becoming coaches themselves, so they wouldn't buy from you. I'd pursue other get-rich-quick schemes.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has tried shakeology? I was thinking of trying it but just wanted some feedback first :)

Really? You've been a member of MyFItnessPal for a year and a half and you've never noticed the controversy over this?

Group 1:
    Shakeology is the greatest thing ever. Its yummy. I love it. I lost a ton of weight, or I know someone who knows someone who lost a lot of weight. I became a coach to sell this stuff so I could make others as happy as I am.

Group 2:
    Its evil. Its not real food. It doesn't teach you how to really eat healthy. It tastes nasty unless you add things to it. Its a pyramid scheme. You will alienate your friends by preaching to them about it. its expensive.

Group 3:
    We just sit back and watch the show as Group 1 and Group 2 try to convince each other.
  • Eisskween
    Eisskween Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It's a joke, an overpriced scam.

You realise you could get a meal placement shake with a better nutritional profile for half the price elsewhere.....right?

Or like the rest of us just eat real food.

I agree, nothing replaces eating healthy and hard work. I've been through just about everything at one point or another and MFP along with a healthy diet and exercise works better than anything else I've tried.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

Really? You've been a member of MyFItnessPal for a year and a half and you've never noticed the controversy over this?

Group 1:
    Shakeology is the greatest thing ever. Its yummy. I love it. I lost a ton of weight, or I know someone who knows someone who lost a lot of weight. I became a coach to sell this stuff so I could make others as happy as I am.

Group 2:
    Its evil. Its not real food. It doesn't teach you how to really eat healthy. It tastes nasty unless you add things to it. Its a pyramid scheme. You will alienate your friends by preaching to them about it. its expensive.

Group 3:
    We just sit back and watch the show as Group 1 and Group 2 try to convince each other.

I mostly fit the profile of group 3, however I struggle to JUST sit back and watch - I do like to share my opinions on everything so I'm thinking of moving to group 3 - do they accept just anybody?
  • SexyBoomer
    SexyBoomer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If you want an effective meal replacement plan, try Medifast.. I get no money to say this, but I lost 35 in 3 months and feel great. I am one of the slower losers. You can just buy the food and use it when you want, if don't want to follow their plan.. also it's great for a diabetic diet, snack.
  • mtg125
    mtg125 Posts: 2
    Options
    I use it, (about 1.5 months now) I am not a coach. Its a bit expensive if you are adding it to what you already eat, but I replaced my $4-8 fast food breakfast meals with it, so some days I save money compared to what I was spending. I mix it with 1/2 scoop protein and usually some natural peanut butter, sometimes milk, sometimes water, sometimes a mix of milk and water. I won't say its a miracle thing or anything but it keeps me satisfied for about 3 hours. At first I thought it tasted kind of weird, not really bad just different. I like it now especially when I have some strawberries, blackberries or blueberries I can throw in there to sweeten it up. The biggest thing for me is that it is as quick as going thru the drive thru, where as if I have to cook something it usually takes more time, something which I don't always have a lot of. I'm sure there are other meal replacement shakes out there that are good and probably half the price, but for the next couple months I will stick with the shakeology and see. Its not like I am dropping weight at a record pace or anything but I am steadily losing with a moderate diet and exercise plan, I am sure if I was a little more dedicated to the p90x, and my weekend meals I would have even better results than I have now.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Group 1:

Group 2:

Group 3:

actually its a decent enough product but it is WAY over priced and you can get similar nutrients MUCH cheaper

its basically hype. WHen considering the source for the claims and these "coaches" tell you that you need it to maximize the BB programs, please understand that the only qualification to become a BB coach is to have a credit card