Weight Loss / Fitness Routine in the winter

I just had a guy tell me today that when it gets cold out my exercise routine will go out the window. I started May 15th and haven't missed a Monday-Friday at the gym. I figure by the time the cold weather gets here that exercising in the morning will be a habit. I can see some mornings where I may switch my workout to the afternoon, especially if it snows overnight but can anyone help with what challenges to prepare for? I know it sound crazy since it is 105 with the heat index but if I wait until it happens it could really disrupt my success. Thanks.

Replies

• mhoward685
    mhoward685 Posts: 129 Member
    So either no one exercises in the winter or there is nothing go prepare for.
  • grimsin
    grimsin Posts: 78 Member
    I live above 6000 feet in western montana so we can see downwards of -40 below zero, I don't really make too many preperations for winter working out except make sure I keep my spare personal hygiene kit in my gym bag because it can be dangerous to go out sweaty. that's about it though for me
  • MauC25K
    MauC25K Posts: 40 Member
    I exercise more in the winter. I think it's because in the summer things are more relaxed around the house, more leisure time, etc. There's much more of a schedule once school starts, including my workouts. You can do it, try not to worry too much.