Pre holiday workout....

Options
Azdak
Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
30 minutes cross trainer--set a new "personal record" for calories burned on this particular machine

30 minutes running on treadmill @ avg 7.2 mph/1% elevation

Strength Training:

Bench press x 3 sets
Lat Pulldown x 3 sets
Shoulder Press x 3 sets
Squats x 3 sets
Upright Row x 2 sets
Lunges w/25lb DB x 3 sets
Biceps/Triceps x 2 sets

All weights 6-8 RM

Ready for the holiday meals--and for a rest day tomorrow!

How about you?

Duh...I forgot--Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Replies

• katejones79
    katejones79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just pushed myself for an hour, even though I have a cold and didn't want to, because I am NOT going to let the holiday get the best of me!!!
    I have worked to hard to give up for a few days... working out always reminds me how easy it is to eat 600 calories, and how hard I have to work to burn it off.
    Here is to a wonderful Christmas full of joy, happiness, family and love (but not a whole bunch of bad food!)
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    35 minutes on the elliptical, 35 minutes of abs and legs ( leg press, leg extension, leg curl, adductors and abductors) and 30 minutes of lane swimming. 10 minutes in the steam room, a good shower and I'm ready for a good meal.

Merry Christmas
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. I'm sitting on the couch eating a candy cane and had decided an hour or so ago I was not going to work out. Well, I am now. Thank you all!!!!!!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    35 minutes on the elliptical, 35 minutes of abs and legs ( leg press, leg extension, leg curl, adductors and abductors) and 30 minutes of lane swimming. 10 minutes in the steam room, a good shower and I'm ready for a good meal.

Merry Christmas

Now *that's* what I'm talkin' about--good job!

You are now a fellow charter member of HOWG -- Holiday Obsessive Workout Group!
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I did level 2 of the video 30 day shred..................enough said lol
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I did level 2 of the video 30 day shred..................enough said lol

Me too!!!!
  • photoman67
    photoman67 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    45 minutes of circuit training with free weights followed by 10 minutes of sprints on the treadmill. I will still try to watch what and how much I eat tomorrow, but I think I can throw in a little dessert, maybe an extra cookie here and there. Merry Christmas everyone!!!
  • tom5avenue
    Options
    I ran for 30 minutes on the treadmill at high intensity followed by 10 minutes of elliptical.. doing some wii fit now.
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I did 25 minutes on the treadmill at 3.4mph on 3% incline.. My hamstrings and glutes were very sore :ohwell: from yesterday's workout so I didn't do intervals or HIIT like usual..

Had Bi's and Tri's today:

Barbell curls: 3 sets 15 reps @ 20lbs
    Hammer curls: 3 sets 12 reps @ 10lbs
    Bicep curls: 3 sets 12 reps @ 10lbs
    Alternating dumbbell curls: 3 sets 15 reps @ 10lbs
    Cable curls (one arm): 3 sets 15 reps @ 10lbs

Seated Tricep Press: 3 sets 12 reps @ 10lbs
    Dumbbell Kickback: 3 sets 12 reps @ 10lbs
    Tricep Pushdowns: 3 sets 12 reps starting at 50lbs, 2nd 60lbs and last set 80lbs
    Cable tricep pushdown: 3 sets 12 reps @ 20lbs

Great workout day as usual!! :smokin: :heart: :heart: I LOVE weight training!! :heart: :heart:

Oh sorry, Merry Christmas to everyone! Enjoy and be safe... don't over indulge after ALL the hard work you put in daily!! :flowerforyou:
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    60 minute Zumba class - 575 calories burned. :)
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options

Merry Christmas

Now *that's* what I'm talkin' about--good job!

You are now a fellow charter member of HOWG -- Holiday Obsessive Workout Group!

Obsessive? Possibly.... I have recently been dubbed a gym rat. I'm proud to be a member of HOWG
  • tom5avenue
    Options
    Today, after eating a loooot of Chocolate mousse with whipcream :P.. I worked 30 minutes on the bicycle with lots of resistance.. my heart was always at like 145-150 bpm. I did a little workout on the machines, working the biceps, triceps.. chest.. legs.. etc. I did at least an hour of swimming pool and jacuzzi.