7 Weeks & 10 Lbs Til Christmas!

Options
13»

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all,

I have great news to report. Today was the last day of my first exercise boot camp session and I did EXTREMELY well. I lost a total of 7 lbs, 2.5 % body fat and 7.5 total inches (chest, waist & hips). In addition to the weigh in/measurements we did a fit test. I was able to complete 40 push ups (on knees), 54 toe touches, 50 seated dips and 84 jumping jacks. We were given a minute to complete as many reps as possible. We will retest at the end of session two which is 12/18/09.

I was so inspired by my success that I went to the gym after boot camp and completed an hour of cardio and burned 522 calories. In addition to the cardio, I also did a little bit of strength training.

WHAT A GREAT WAY TO BEGIN THE WEEKEND!!!!!
  • incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 10 lbs by Dec.17th-when I go home for x-mas! I have lost about 2 lbs out of my 10lbs! I just need to stay focused and not eat so much during T-giving. It doesn't help that my mom sent me homemade sugar, peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies in the mail!!! I scarfed down 3 of those babies the second I got them open! ahh, damn comfort food.

Weight right now: 158

Goal weight by Dec.17th: 150
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    So how is everyone's week going? This soup diet is not easy, but it's doable, the soup tastes good which helps. I'm down a coupld pounds too, YAY!
    I've heard quite a few people talk about Turbo Jam, what type of exercise is it? Is it rough on the knees at all? I like to switch things up to keep it interesting, but I have bad knees to watch out for.
    Hope everyone has a good weekend!! :bigsmile:

Turbo Jam was the first beach body set that I bought. I love Turbo Jam. I had a very bad knee injury when I was 16. I was able to do it. I just made sure that I was careful. Since then, I have done Insanity. I am on the second month and just started the Max workouts. The thing that is great about beach body is they always show someone that is only able to do low impact. I love their programs. I workout Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with the turbo jam I would alternate the 45 minute cardio and 45 minute strength. Good luck. I hope you love it too.
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all,

I have great news to report. Today was the last day of my first exercise boot camp session and I did EXTREMELY well. I lost a total of 7 lbs, 2.5 % body fat and 7.5 total inches (chest, waist & hips). In addition to the weigh in/measurements we did a fit test. I was able to complete 40 push ups (on knees), 54 toe touches, 50 seated dips and 84 jumping jacks. We were given a minute to complete as many reps as possible. We will retest at the end of session two which is 12/18/09.

I was so inspired by my success that I went to the gym after boot camp and completed an hour of cardio and burned 522 calories. In addition to the cardio, I also did a little bit of strength training.

WHAT A GREAT WAY TO BEGIN THE WEEKEND!!!!!
    WOW!!!! I think that sums it up. You are a machine. I did level 2 of Insanity last night. It was so challenging that I was shaking after it.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Humm...maybe I'll look into that after xmas then, thanks for the info! I'm doing my fitness coach on the Wii right now but will be looking for something else when I tire of this.
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    Hello....has everyone given up or what? I've lost my motivation, but I'm here trying to get it back, lol...Betty where are you??? LOL :bigsmile:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Hi Jenn!!!! Merry merry Christmas! Sorry I've been MIA, I've reached my goal, and just sort of fell out of here as life got crazy busy around the holidays. I will be around - I have a new fitness goal - running at half marathon in a few months, so I will be around here keeping track of myself and my progress.

Hope you are having a GREAT holiday! How are you doing with your goals?
    Betty
    :)
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    Merry Christmas Betty!!! That's FANTASTIC that you reached your goal, wow you stuck to it and made it, congrats!! Good for you for wanting to to fun a half marathon, that is quite a goal, you can do it! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
    I'm plugging along, somehow lost 2.5 pounds over the holidays, lol, not sure how. Must have shocked my system, lol! I'm slowly getting my motivation back. I'm starting the G.I. diet and Kickboxing Jan 4th, I'm hoping to see a huge difference in about 2 months. I burn 950 cals doing that so it really shouldn't take too long to burn off the fat!
    Good luck with your training, and Happy New Year to you! :bigsmile:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Hey Jenn - glad to hear all is well with you, and you are plugging away! Love your new pic - very pretty - and like the new hair cut (I think I see a new hair cut!).

Half marathon - I hope I can do it - I'm sure I can physically do it, just not sure of the motivation for the training! I might just keep doing the 5km and 10km races, and work toward improving speed/time.

Take care and see you around the boards - I will check in from time to time, and I still log when life is not crazy busy!
    Betty
    :)
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    Yes, it is a new cut, thanks! :bigsmile:
    I'm sure it will be hard to stay motivated, but doing it that way (just doing the 5 and 10 ks) should get you ready to do it when you feel it's right.
    Good luck with maintenance, and Happy New Year!
    Jenn :bigsmile: