Substitue for Pancake Syrup?

Options
I'm going to fix pancakes in the morning, which are about 200 calories. The syrup I have is 240 and I really don't use much syrup anyway. Any ideas of something I can put on my pancakes?

Replies

• slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    You can get hold of some pretty good zero-cal syrup if you can get to a shop for it. I usually get mine at a natural foods store but sometimes the supermarkets have them as well.

You might want to try sweetener if you use it, instead, though, along with cinnamon (cinnamon without sweet is kinda ick, imo, but with a bit of sweet is okay).
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Almond butter.....very yummy.
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    try some sugar free jelly if you have it, or blended up strawberries. I buy sugar free roth syrup at pick n save, I really like the taste.
  • genma1987
    genma1987 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    boy, nothing is better than pure maple syrup on pancakes! 1 Tablespoon is only about 50 calories. But, how about strawberry ice cream topping? That's only about 70 calories for 2 tablespoons.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I top mine w/ natural PB. My kids like honey on theirs. Real fruit of allfruit spread is a good choice too!
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I like Cool whip light mixed with fresh or frozen berries, if you dont have that (dont laugh) a box of sugar free jello powder any flavor you like mixed in with a whole tub of the cool whip is totally awesome too. Sounds strange but my granny used to make it. and its good.

Or dice and cook an apple with about 1 or 2 tsp of brown sugar (15-30 cals) and cinn and cook it till soft. very good too as just a snack and when I'm wanting something sweet.

canned pumpkin, cinn and and some fat free cream cheese

Godd luck!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I make my own berry syrup, take some frozen berries and cook them on the stove breaking them up. I add a little powdered sugar just for flavor. Yum! I tend to also put a few drops of Maple syrup on top of my pancake and then a bunch of the berry sauce. Very yummy!
  • VJames
    Options
    Hi,

I personally use agave, it's natural and friendly on the blood sugar so they say. ; )
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: applesauce :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Jessieb1031
    Options
    ok this is going to sound really weird, and who knows maybe it is lol but i like it.. i buy ego waffles whole grain waffles and put yoplait whips or just regular flavored yogurt on it . it sounds really weird but tastes really good.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Those ideas sound delicious.
  • Emilydmo
    Emilydmo Posts: 101
    Options
    I love applesauce and peanut butter on my waffles, but just applesauce is yummy, too!