What foods did you think were healthy but actually aren't??

Options

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Fruit juice
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I remember when around November '11, the boards had plenty of proNutella people, citing it along with peanut butter.

As for me, I thought Nestle Nesfit was a rather healthy choice for cereal. Until I saw that added glycose syrup.
  • torrmairi
    torrmairi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Jackfruit chips - they don't taste greasy, but one 250g pack is 1200 calories! I used to eat them for lunch sometimes, now I avoid them like the plague.
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Diet soda is comprised mostly of water. Water doesn't have any nutritional value (it can't be metabolized) and doesn't contain any vitamins yet water is universally considered a "healthy" drink. So why is diet soda unhealthy if water isn't?

... as far as we know, diet soda is perfectly healthy and hydrating beverage and has no effect on weight loss and no negative health consequences whatsoever.

Diet soda contains sodium and caffeine (typically) both of which are DEHYDRATING. Please don't replace your glasses of water with salty fake-sugar crap for hydration.
  • Skyeburn
    Skyeburn Posts: 10
    Options
    These daft cereal bars with fruit in them. They often loaded with syrup/sugar.
  • pmcco
    pmcco Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    the first question my doc asks me every year is if I have stopped drinking diet coke.... I figured that in and of itself means it is pretty bad for me. dang you diet coke addiction!
  • VeganDeeva
    VeganDeeva Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm so glad i read that because i swore by Agave nectar! Thank you for your comment! i will definitley not be buying it anymore
  • bennysammysofie
    Options
    I thought Checkers chicken tenders, seasoned fries, and a large coke were healthy....but nooooooooooooooooo, they arent! 500 calories over already and its only 6:30pm!
  • jimbo_a_logo
    jimbo_a_logo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Add up everything on the list and basically food is bad. :wink:
  • bwelches
    bwelches Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    "low fat" foods that have been removed of most fat but replaced with chemicals and sugary fillers.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    100 calorie pack anything..
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    there are no unhealthy foods.

agree
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I remember when around November '11, the boards had plenty of proNutella people, citing it along with peanut butter.

As for me, I thought Nestle Nesfit was a rather healthy choice for cereal. Until I saw that added glycose syrup.

nothing wrong with nutella - just had some :)
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Before I started using MfP to tack calories I thought I was doing good by eating salads. I use to go to wendys almost everyday on my lunch break and get a belt Cobb salad only to find out the salad alone was 660 calories not including the dressing. The only thing I could think of that would be fattening in the salad would be the bacon and that's only one piece broke in half.
  • annew1952
    annew1952 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I agree with whoever said salads ordered in restaurant. Also the dressings especially the creamy ones. And a lot of
    processed foods have so much sodium.
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I thought that the new SILK Soy and protein fruit drinks were good for you until someone here ripped me a new one for drinking it and told me that's the reason I was on a plateau..
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Nutella... : (

Soy

Some granola bars
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Fruit Juices (i.e. apple, orange, cranberry etc)...nothing but flavoring and high fructose corn syrup.

And I second the salads in restaurants. I got my first shocker when I went to Shari's and called myself being good and healthy and ordering one of the salads for lunch. You could have knocked me over with a spoon when I found out that healthy salad was over 900 calories and full of fat and sodium!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    A dentist told me that Pringles were bad for the teeth :mad:
  • bennysammysofie
    Options
    Add up everything on the list and basically food is bad. :wink:

Sorry I forgot to put "read this with a sarcastic tone" :)