Making Less Of A Geek Of Myself

Options
VampAmber
VampAmber Posts: 359 Member
Hullo all. I'm Amber, and I just joined this site a few minutes ago. My friend Britanni belongs to it, and she suggested I try it, too. I'm almost afraid of see just how much I eat in a day. :(

Anyways, I'm 28, and a total geek. I play RPGs and such. It's fun. Unfortunately, it's not very sexy. :( At least, not when you're not very sexy. So I'm trying to lose weight, since that's pretty much my only outside problem (inside I'm nuts, but that's another story, heh heh heh). I've got a loooooooong way to go, though, so I was hoping to make new friends on here and gain some support. ^_^

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Welcome Amber! I'm also a total gaming nerd and so is my wife. Nothing wrong or non-sexy about it at all. :D
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    If you feel you have to change who you are to become some d-bag's version of sexy, he/she ain't worth it.

Nothing wrong with gamers! :D
  • a16mason
    a16mason Posts: 10
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also just getting started and I've got a long ways to go. Feel free to add me if you'd like. :)
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!
  • BubbleGumKisses
    BubbleGumKisses Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    35 pounds actually isn't that much to lose! You can do it!
  • DollHouseKiera
    Options
    Gamers are sexy. Period.
  • KadenSmile
    KadenSmile Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Gaming is totally sexy!!

Keep up the good work, you made the first big step by joining this site, and now the next big step is actually using it.

Best of luck to you!

Feel free to add me if you'd like a new friend :)
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Amber. I am a gamer, been playing WoW since the beginning.

I have been with MFP since 31st March, and have lost 36lb.

You can do this, but don't change for others. Do this for yourself, because you are worth it.

Best wishes on your journey to a healthier happier you.
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. :) I probably don't fall into the sexy category either and I'm ok with that. I'm a gamer also, feel free to add me if you would like too.
  • VampAmber
    Options
    35 pounds actually isn't that much to lose! You can do it!

The just my first goal weight. I figure 100+ pounds to start off with was a bit much. >_<

And thanks to everybody for the well wishes. I hope you all have good luck, too.
  • StaceyG221
    StaceyG221 Posts: 31
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Amber! I am new here too and a friend suggested it for me also. Though I am not really a gamer, I happen to be in love with one and gave birth to one. LOL! :) I am however a facebooker and a book and music junkie! Feel lfree to add me if you like! Best of luck to you!
    One more thing...we are all sexy in our own way! :)
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Gamers are awesome! I was one for years, then I sort of lost myself. I have and insane number of gaming systems and "don't have the time" to play any of them. I'm working on changing that and hope to get back into them before long; I might even dip into the crack that is WoW.

Change for yourself, you are the most important. Anyone else is a lucky by-product. :wink:
  • VampAmber
    Options
    Oh, no worries, I'm definitely changing for me. I just want everybody, including the shallow people, to be jealous of my boyfriend when I get one (currently single). It's been a fantasy of mine to get asked out by some random non-gamer I've never met, some full-of-himself guy, and tell him "I'm sorry, I only date geeks."
  • chaser1977
    chaser1977 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The wife and I are both gamers! I have been since my atari (that makes me old right?) :) wish you the best of luck. and when Mr. Ithinkimperfect asks you out, take a picture when u tell him you only date geeks :)
  • whitterbugCo
    Options
    What kind of RPGs? Like MMORPG (I hate to use this, but like WoW?) or like Writing RPG? I'm into both, I strictly play Ultima Online as an MMO, and I travel across many message forums for Writing RPGs (play a character you create, writing it like a story in a book and responding to another person's online character) - I even found my boyfriend through the MMO, ha! He is way more fit than me, but very supportive :)
  • maxnsc
    maxnsc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Gaming is awesome and RPGs are the best!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    OoOoOoooO... anyone so excited for GW2?
  • VampAmber
    Options
    What kind of RPGs? Like MMORPG (I hate to use this, but like WoW?) or like Writing RPG? I'm into both, I strictly play Ultima Online as an MMO, and I travel across many message forums for Writing RPGs (play a character you create, writing it like a story in a book and responding to another person's online character) - I even found my boyfriend through the MMO, ha! He is way more fit than me, but very supportive :)

Tabletop, actually. I play Dungeons & Dragons, stuff like that. Right now, I'm in three games: Werewolf, Mage, and Scion. It's quite fun. I've done writing RPGs before, but I like the human interaction element of playing around a table. That's why me and WoW didn't quite click.
  • whitterbugCo
    Options
    Ah! My BF played D&D, as well as my brother. My best friend and I ran a writing RPG, so we often sat next to each other and wrote all week together with other people. We started in AIM chats, then when our writing styles advanced to more than a few lines (to a few monitor screens) we switched. It diminished the amount of interaction (as chats can get wild) but was always fun. Closest I got to tabletop RPG was Magic the Gathering, haha.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I spent the day LARPing yesterday. (well, not true LARPING, it was Amtgard) and I run games at gaming conventions. I am just 'almost-geek'.

Welcome to MFP (not that I have been here long enough to be the Welcome Wagon). I enjoy using the app to scan the barcodes on foods- for logging nutrients.