what do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Usually 1 of 4 things: 1 and 2 are the two most common..the others are if i need a change

1. Lower sugar maple and brown sugar oatmeal
    2. 2 of schwans mini breakfast pizza - actually really filling
    3. 1 egg, 1 piece of 45& delightful toast, 1oz cheese
    4. waffle
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Porridge (oatmeal), a banana, and a boiled egg usually :)
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    i do a variety of things but this is a favorite:

Breakfast Cupcakes

preheat oven to 350 degrees. spray muffin tin with cooking spray

place 1 slice of canadian bacon
    then put a good sized pinch of your favorite shredded cheese (i love pepper jack or sharp cheddar)
    make a good sized thumb print in it then crack an egg an put it on top, salt and pepper to taste.
    bake for about 15 minutes. d e l i c i o u s!! i usually eat this with a piece of fruit.

calories: 158, carbs: 3g, fat: 10g, protein 15g

apple slices and peanut butter is great also!!
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Normally its a butter rum muffin... :ohwell:

But here lately I haven't been able to eat breakfast.. :grumble:
  • magicmama
    magicmama Posts: 19
    Options
    Banana with peanut butter

or

Oatmeal with cinnamon

or

Smoothie with whatever fruit is on hand + almond milk + protein powder
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    if your trying to avoid prossesed, eggs fruit and veggies
  • Josedavid
    Josedavid Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    My day is long and full of training sessions so I have a coffee milk and a bowl of muesli. High complex carb to release energy in my body slowly slowly.... i love it!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Nothing in the morning for me. I don't usually eat my first meal until 12:00pm.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jseger3
    jseger3 Posts: 9
    Options
    I go to the garden and grab a big leaf of kale and one of Swiss chard, some grape tomatoes and maybe a few nasturtium leaves, throw that in the blender with a handful of baby carrots, a scoop of protein powder, a clove of garlic, a banana, a quarter cup of frozen blueberries and a cup of plain almond milk. World's greatest smoothie, and I'm not biased, just ask me. ;-)
  • AngelChini
    AngelChini Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I drink Soy Milk and eat a bananaaa
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    iv just had blueberries, strawberries, melon, fat free natural yoghurt/strawberry yoghurt, and a little raisin bran flakes crushed on topped!! YUMMY!! or i'll have porridge (oatmeal!) with blueberries, half a mashed banana and cinnamon, or for a savoury one i'll have an omlette with peppers, mushrooms, tomatoe, spinach and low fat garlic and herb soft cheese!! :smile:
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and jelly oatmeal (trust me it's delicious), toast with salted and peppered tomato slices, a couple hard boiled eggs, a bowl of puffed millet with a drizzle of honey, or a homemade no bake energy bite. (See link)

http://cookbookjunkies.blogspot.com/2012/05/httpinstagr_17.html
  • ThatGrl32
    ThatGrl32 Posts: 20
    Options
    I have a cup of coffee as soon as I wake up (and possibly another right after if I feel like it) Then a few hours later I blend whatever fresh veges and fruit I have in my kitchen and make a large smoothie. Yesterday it was half a large tomato, 1 long celery stick, 1 large carrot, about 80 g of chard, 3 apricots, 1 yellow plum & 1 purple plum. I also add either cottage cheese or yogurt for extra nutrition and water to help it blend properly. This is very filling and most days I'm not hungry til dinner time, if I get hungry at all.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    i love to make a veggie egg white omelette.. sauteed mushroom, baby spinach (in belade real light butter) 1tsp sauteed.. and add liq egg whites.. scramble it up..and small amount of cheese.. shredded cheddar or feta..and salsa.. yumo and way low cal .. def low carb 2:drinker:
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I go to the garden and grab a big leaf of kale and one of Swiss chard, some grape tomatoes and maybe a few nasturtium leaves, throw that in the blender with a handful of baby carrots, a scoop of protein powder, a clove of garlic, a banana, a quarter cup of frozen blueberries and a cup of plain almond milk. World's greatest smoothie, and I'm not biased, just ask me. ;-)

wow!! what a random variety... LOL.... everything but the kitchen sink! lol :bigsmile:
  • fityfriend
    fityfriend Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I make a speacial porrige: Its high protien and keeps me full till 10:30 am, nothings very preise but this is about it:

3 1/2 tbs of almond meal, 5 tbs of grinded oats, 2 tbs of LSA, 1 teaspon of black chai seeds. Add a little water let it sit and absorb for a few mins, then add some cut up strawberries and natural yoygurt!

Its very yummy and a good start to the day
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294
    Options
    Nothing. I'm out of oatmeal :(
  • tarisa222
    tarisa222 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i do a variety of things but this is a favorite:

Breakfast Cupcakes

preheat oven to 350 degrees. spray muffin tin with cooking spray

place 1 slice of canadian bacon
    then put a good sized pinch of your favorite shredded cheese (i love pepper jack or sharp cheddar)
    make a good sized thumb print in it then crack an egg an put it on top, salt and pepper to taste.
    bake for about 15 minutes. d e l i c i o u s!! i usually eat this with a piece of fruit.

calories: 158, carbs: 3g, fat: 10g, protein 15g

apple slices and peanut butter is great also!!

WELL THIS SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING MY KIDS WOULD LOVE TOO :) THANK ;YOU
  • CassandraM22
    Options
    I love the southerwestern eggbeaters, i put cheese,ham slices, kale, onions, tomatoes and mushrooms in it. Sometimes I'll allow myself two pieces of bacon. if i dont have time for that i drink a huge glass of water and a meal replacement bar. I dont like doing that cause I dont feel full but it will do when I'm rushed or slept too long.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I eat Greek yogurt with fruit and a little bit of honey often or fruit smoothies. My new favorite is to put a frozen banana in the blender with a scoop of vanilla protein powder and some unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It tastes like a banana milkshake, delish!