does 1.200 really works?

Options
2»

Replies

• SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I eat like 2400 calories a day, and don't gain weight doing so because I eat like 5-6 times a day. I also weight train and do cardio and it's really working! I've gained some great muscle and am not gaining fat hurray!
    My answer:Quality calories and Strength Training!

loving the advice (quality calories) will do that! thanks hun:wink:
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    as if you are discribing what i go through during the day!!! my dear am just the same :noway: and now iam stuck with this weight don't know what to do with it!!
    [/quote]

What do you do as a work out.. I tried the gym too many times for me personally it didn't work :/ I tried every fad out there nope.. Finally 2 weeks ago my mom asked me if I wanted her mountain bike.. Brand new she just didn't use it.. My answer sure! Lol and before I knew it that same day got on the bike and did 3.5 miles now I'm doing 7 & by sticking to no rice and no bread what so ever except of course every now n then like once a month but even then it's like a sandwich or a baguette with my soup. I replaced tempting bread based n rice things with sautéed veggies & if u find the right ones it makes a difference and tastes delicious .. I stick to tuna fish n lemon 1 tbs of mayo n chopped purple onions for lunch & 2 scrambled brown large eggs with chopped onions & shredded cheddar cheese. When I do have meat I don't starve myself I simply bake it & still use my fav toppings I just use the serving size. I get on my bike almost everyday for an hour and do calisthenics 20 min every night. I mean it's not bullet proof maybe eventually I'll plateau but for now it's making for great progress it's been 10 days and I've lost 4 lbs I just keep pushing myself.
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    i do running and walking .. everyday i walk 20 mins till work and then in the evening i go to run with a friend or even walk for 60 to 90 mins! i stopped rice and bread if iam feeling hungry as a horse i eat a whole wheat toast! i added more veggies and fruit to my diet espically mangos and water melon :D but still am stuck!!! i have 10 more killos to go :D i just don't wanna give up too soon!
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try dancing.. Maybe try for 30 min to your fav radio station or cd .. It actually burns a lot of cal if u get into it.. Changing it up might help you.. When I'm feeling sluggish I just turn on I heart radio & dance my heart out b4 I even notice I'm drenched in sweat
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I've eaten 1200 calories since September of 2011 and since I've lost 65.5lbs, 110 over all but the first 44.5 when I was counting carbs.
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    Maybe you should try dancing.. Maybe try for 30 min to your fav radio station or cd .. It actually burns a lot of cal if u get into it.. Changing it up might help you.. When I'm feeling sluggish I just turn on I heart radio & dance my heart out b4 I even notice I'm drenched in sweat
    [/quote

:laugh: i used to do that and then i totally forgot about it !!!!!! it is great and it even changes the moood aloot :happy: thanks hun for the great advice :heart:
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    I've eaten 1200 calories since September of 2011 and since I've lost 65.5lbs, 110 over all but the first 44.5 when I was counting carbs.

u made my day hun! :love: i will try and stick to it! but my question is does it work for all? i mean am close to my idle weight? does it work for me as well?
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

u made my day hun! :love: i will try and stick to it! but my question is does it work for all? i mean am close to my idle weight? does it work for me as well?

You need to find what works for you and you did just that when you lost your first 10kg. How long did it take and why did you decide on 900 calories?
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    i was 75 kgs actually! and it took me about 1 year to lose 10 kgs! bcoz i used to quit diets! i was on 900 diet so that i would lose the rest of the fat quiet easily and i lost it and became around 61 killos and gained it back :( but now 900 is not working for me anymore this is y iam reaching for help and asking if 1.200 worked for anyone else?
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    If you're doing pure cardio. Add in A LOT of strength training. This will shock your body back into turnin and burnin.
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    If you're doing pure cardio. Add in A LOT of strength training. This will shock your body back into turnin and burnin.

iam doing cardio actually! and only cardio :smile: will try and do the strength training tonight and see what it does .. thanks for the advice hun :flowerforyou:
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I keep my calories between 1200-1400 calories daily....I run 3.1 miles, power walk, lift weights, & it has been working perfectly for me. I have lost 55.5 pounds and I've gained muscle. I drink plenty of water daily, & eat very healthy....lots of veggies, fruits, protein, etc.

Every single person is different...it's finding out what works for "you".....because what works for you might/might not work for me, and vice verses

Good luck!!
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    wow wow good job hun!! will try and find what works for me .. even tho iam kinda lost right now