What's your best diet/fitness advice?

Options

Replies

• Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    What helped me was learning to enjoy food with a lot less sweetener/ suger.

FFind an exercise that you enjoy then you will keep doing it
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Never stop.
  • brooshie
    brooshie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    always put a gallon of water in front of your juice/milk in the fridge

lol :)
  • phlower
    phlower Posts: 103
    Options
    Diet: Track everything you eat or drink, and be honest with yourself. If you cheat your diary, you're only cheating yourself.

Fitness: The best exercise is the one you'll stick to. The best TIME to exercise is the time you'll do it!
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Diet: eat food with a bunch of nutrients! Get all your vitamins in. Whenever I don't et enough "nutrients" I've noticed that I'm more likely to binge.

Exercise: don't overwork yourself. Don't want to get burnt out too quick. Most people set high expectations (working out everyday, twice a day) and then find themselves quitting 3-4 weeks later. Find something sustainable. If you don't like a certain activity don't force yourself to do it.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    break it up into small goals, ex I just concentrated on 10 lbs at a time when I started 100+ seemed overwhelming

If you go over cals, or eat something you shouldnt get back ontrack immediately not monday , not next week, but the very next time you eat
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Be CONSISTENT.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Food: Cook your meals, with lots of color
    Fitness: Get off the couch :)
  • Hannah645
    Hannah645 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Diet: Don't lie to yourself. "Oh, I really only had 1/2 cup of that ice cream."

Fitness: Again, don't lie to yourself. "I really gave it my all this week during my workouts."

Losing weight is a simple process, but that doesn't mean it's easy. Quit debating over your options and just choose the right one.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Don't drink your calories. Use them for food.
  • DfantaBeneFIT
    Options
    The best advice i can give is however hard you think you are already working, times by 10 and go harder. Your mind will tell you to stop faster then your body. PUSH and PUSH MORE
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Ditch the scale, focus on measurements. I've gained weight in the past month, but have lost about 8 inches. :)
  • DfantaBeneFIT
    Options
    perfect! I was 163 at my heaviest but 15% BF. i'm 5'3 LOL if i cared about the scale i would have had a heart attack! GREAT ADVICE

Ditch the scale, focus on measurements. I've gained weight in the past month, but have lost about 8 inches. :)
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I have 2

1. STOP with the frigging EXCUSES. Every time you say "yeah, but........." the next words out of your mouth are an EXCUSE.

2. You didn't go to bed on Monday and wake up 100 pounds heavier. So, don't expect to go to bed on Tuesday and wake up 100 pounds lighter.
  • filomenae
    filomenae Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Diet advice: Don't starve yourself; eat wholesome, healthy food (coming from someone who's recovering from an ED)
    Fitness advice: Slow and steady wins the race; don't think you can make up a week of exercise in one day, and don't try to attempt making up a week in a day either! Start small with goals and slowly work your way up.
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Diet: if carb cravings are your problem, grit your teeth and go low-carb (and by "low" I mean "less than 100g a day") for two weeks. Inch back up until you find the number where the cravings start again. Keep your carbs below that number.

Fitness: do not shackle yourself to a cardio machine 7 days a week, even if you really and truly love it. Unshackle a few days a week and go lift some heavy weights with a trainer who knows what they're doing. You'll appreciate the results. And if you're following the diet advice, your protein intake will be high enough.

General: don't panic about fluctuations on the scale. Seriously. You didn't gain 4 lbs of fat overnight. Weigh however often you want to weigh, but don't let the number determine your worth.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    If you start a program, finish it. Don't quit two weeks in because you saw results the first week and then nothing week 2. It doesn't mean that the program doesn't work, but if you bail on it, then you will never know how far it could have taken you. Just give it time.

I had a major chocolate addiction for a short time and decided that I wasn't going to NEED chocolate every day so I went 7 days with no sweets and now it's no big deal to keep it in the house. If I want some fine but I'm not just eating it because I know that it's there. (I do eat chocolate on 90 cal snack bars but it doesn't register in my brain the same way that real chocolate does).
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Never stop.

This! My best days are when I make it through my worst days without giving up. As Dory says, just keep swimming!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Ignore the Food Pyramid, embrace fat consumption and don't go overboard with the exercise, it's just not as important as nutrition.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Make a change for life. Whatever you do, make sure it's sustainable for the long term.