Need extra 170 cals for wine...

Options
each day on top of my normal exercise. I really do not want to give this up it makes me so happy. So what are some things I can do daily to give me approx 170 calories?? (I am new to this )

Replies

• Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    love my beer, so i reserveit for saturdays, my cheat day. if you absolutly have to have wine (a glass or two) a night.. my elliptical burns over 400 calories in 30 minutes. so half of that.. or try going for a brisk walk!

Please note that in order to burn calories, you must be SWEATING and your heart rate must be up. So many people fail because they go for 2 hour walks that should have taken them 15 minutes & they just dont know why they arent losing............ *sigh*
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Check out this yahoo article.. there's a few ideas there.
    http://health.yahoo.net/articles/weight-loss/photos/25-ways-cut-500-calories-day#2
  • DfantaBeneFIT
    Options
    Ugh.... I should just stop reading :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • littlemiss47
    Options
    ...sigh it is such hard work isnt it???
  • DfantaBeneFIT
    Options
    Just as hard as it is to cut out wine...
  • DfantaBeneFIT
    Options
    Perhaps you will wake up tomorrow with a better understanding of the human body & the implications of consuming alcohol daily. A serving is 2oz. So let's be real and skip over the "wines good for you crap". Reveretrol (in wine) is good for you, if it's the health benefits you're seeking there r supplements for that. Only other reason is????... To feel... Buzzed? Drunk? Stress free? Self medicating to cope with your life better? This is a fitness site, not a sight to help you justify your addiction.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you will wake up tomorrow with a better understanding of the human body & the implications of consuming alcohol daily. A serving is 2oz. So let's be real and skip over the "wines good for you crap". Reveretrol (in wine) is good for you, if it's the health benefits you're seeking there r supplements for that. Only other reason is????... To feel... Buzzed? Drunk? Stress free? Self medicating to cope with your life better? This is a fitness site, not a sight to help you justify your addiction.
    thats a bit harsh. 1 glass of wine constitutes an addiction? that's cute :laugh:

anyway OP, do 10 minutes worth of burpees. if you can get through that you deserve a glass of vino :laugh:
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Okay, so good to know that the entire northern half of the Mediterranean are a bunch of winos apparently.

It would be easier to advise if your diary was open, but here are some things to consider. Do you have a daily snack that you could cut out? Could you be eating smaller portions of carb-dense foods, such as bread and pasta? Can you replace some of your food items with lower-fat versions (i.e. baking instead of frying, frying with less oil, low-fat dairy, etc.)? Could you replace fast food with home-cooked versions, for example, grilling your own hamburgers and skipping the bun, or baking chicken breast strips with bread crumbs instead of getting chicken nuggets?
  • DfantaBeneFIT
    Options
    Truth hurts. These people are looking for someone to tell them it's ok to do poorly. If your goal is to be healthy a daily wine routine isnt the way. "working out" doesn't automatically qualify most MFP memebers to give sound advice on diet and fitness. The REAL answer is its inappropriate to drink 200 cals of wine everyday no matter how many burpees u do
  • DfantaBeneFIT
    Options
    I'm from Europe. It's ignorant to say westerners live anything like Europeans...
    Okay, so good to know that the entire northern half of the Mediterranean are a bunch of winos apparently.

It would be easier to advise if your diary was open, but here are some things to consider. Do you have a daily snack that you could cut out? Could you be eating smaller portions of carb-dense foods, such as bread and pasta? Can you replace some of your food items with lower-fat versions (i.e. baking instead of frying, frying with less oil, low-fat dairy, etc.)? Could you replace fast food with home-cooked versions, for example, grilling your own hamburgers and skipping the bun, or baking chicken breast strips with bread crumbs instead of getting chicken nuggets?
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Truth hurts. These people are looking for someone to tell them it's ok to do poorly. If your goal is to be healthy a daily wine routine isnt the way. "working out" doesn't automatically qualify most MFP memebers to give sound advice on diet and fitness. The REAL answer is its inappropriate to drink 200 cals of wine everyday no matter how many burpees u do
    [/quote

We all know what's good and bad for us and we all have the right to decide what we put in our bodies. I do not think the OP was trying to rally support to justify her drinking (1 glass of wine does not an alcoholic make) she just wanted advice on cutting 170cals off her daily food intake.
    I'm sure she's old enough and independent enough to live her life the way she wants to without needing anyone telling her she should or she shouldn't!

BTW I'm from the UK, I have a glass of wine a night and a large vodka. Am I totally healthy? No. Am I happy? Yes! :drinker:
  • DfantaBeneFIT
    Options
    You're right!!! Cheeeers!
  • annasara21
    annasara21 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

This is too funny. I thought this was also a community of support? I hardly think 'how could I burn off 170 cals?' requires your intervention.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I'm from Europe. It's ignorant to say westerners live anything like Europeans...

You lost me there....

I'm a non drinker and even I found your comments about alcohol unecessarily harsh and unhelpful. some people want to do moderation. Moderate drinking is no more addiction than counting calories and working out is eating disorder. Extreme views don't really help.
  • ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Maybe add a Tabata interval set to your workout? It's only four minutes but it gets your heartrate RIGHT up and you continue burning calories for a while after. You should be able to find some examples online. If not, then I recommend Bodyrock.tv - you can make up some of the equipment from your own home, or use this website http://litealloy.com/workouts/tags to find ones that fit your schedule.

Good luck!
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    ]
    thats a bit harsh. 1 glass of wine constitutes an addiction? that's cute :laugh:
    "Addiction: a compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance." If the shoe fits...
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    ]
    "Addiction: a compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance." If the shoe fits...

And you feel there's evidence of compulsion in this thread? Really really?
  • littlemiss47
    Options
    ...this thread has turned quite funny. I am def not an alcoholic just really enjoy a glass of wine at night. Maybe burpees might be the way to go :)
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'd happily have a glass of wine a night, but when I started MFP my decision was no drinking during the week, and if I had the calories left over (which I generally do), then I could have a few decent glasses of red at the weekend. Works for me! Hope you find a solution you're happy with.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options

your-high-horse.jpg

She may have been drinking 2 bottles of wine a night previously?

To the OP: just plug in some random exercises that you enjoy and will continue to do and see what MFP gives you. It is different based on you're weight. There are also other websites that estimate cals burnt for exercise.