Low carb low fat vegetarian meals?

Hi guys

Wondered if anyone had any low carb low fat high protein meal ideas?
Obv happy to eat good complex carbs such as you find in vegetables but trying to avoid refined carbs such as pasta and bread.

Any ideas?

Thanks muchly

Replies

• FlatWet
    FlatWet Posts: 109 Member
    I am also interested in this!
  • fityfriend
    fityfriend Posts: 21 Member
    Me too because i'm too lazy to do it my self :)
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    tofu and veg?

thats all ive got...
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    low carb low fat leaves protein.

Textured Vegetable Protein aka Quorn or vegeburgers or fake meat products, with vegetables.

Tofu, Beans, Egg white omelette ?

http://www.nomeatathlete.com/vegetarian-protein/
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Bump!
  • ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    I eat mainly soup and salad for dinner.

I add feta cheese and chickpeas to salads for protein. I usually make a kind of Greek salad and my own dressing.

I buy packs of diced onion, carrot and celery soup base from the supermarket and some vegetable liquid stock and make a big pot of different soup every week. This week I added a tin of crushed tomatoes, some spinach and a tin of cannellini beans to make like a minestrone with no pasta.

Last week, to that base I added an apple, about 4 parsnips, some cumin and curry powder and blended it to make curry parsnip soup. it was delicious.

The week before to that base, I added chickpeas and some Moroccan seasoning to make Moroccan chickpea soup.

It is so easy and then you have 4 or so dinners or lunches ready to go.

It has worked for me, I reached my goal of 44 pounds lost today!
  • niknox9
    niknox9 Posts: 4
    Lexalotti, that's brilliant!! How long did it take?

The soups sound good. I eat a lot of salad, tofu, beans and quorn. I like a nice 5 bean chilli.

Any thoughts/ recipies on lentils?

Yarwell, thanks so much for the web link!
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Low carb and low fat? Sounds like a recipe for failure to me. Jmho. Take away fat and carbs, that only leaves you with protein. So I guess you'll be consuming mostly Whey protein isolate. It can be done but it is incredibly difficult and restrictive. Low carb works best with high fat. Why the fat phobia?
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Check out Appetite For Reduction and Happy Herbivore- both are vegan cookbooks dedicated to low calorie recipes.

I eat a lot of seitan because it is the highest source of vegan protein. And it is also incredibly easy to make and cheap!
  • ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    The soup I am making today has lentils with roast veggies- garlic, red onion, a chili, red pepper, zucchini, carrots, celery and Vegie stock and paprika. It is winter for me so sounds nice and warm. I have seen some nice looking lentil and carrot salad recipies too- try google.

Niknox, it took 13 months. I originally just ate more healthily and smaller portions and started to exercise. Then with 8 pounds to go I didn't lose anything for a couple of months, so I lost the last 8 pounds in 4 weeks by watching my calories and really ramping up the exercise. I ran 30 miles last week. I am 114 pounds now (I am 5'2).