When was the last time you were sick?

Replies

• alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    I use to get sick with the flu when I was little on my birthday which is Christmas day! It sucked so bad.
    My cousin would very rarely get sick, but every year like clockwork she would wake up sick Christmas morning. It wasn't her birthday too though.

Awwww : ( it sucks so bad
  • alexbusnello
    Rule in my home: wash your hands upon entering the house and BEFORE touching stuff like refrigerator handles, etc. Depending on your line of work or setting, consider changing clothes before sitting on your home furniture, germs and viruses can be brought home and spread that way as well.

Last thing to help me be better able to fight stomach viruses, I mix one tablespoon of vinegar (apple cider) in one or two ounces of water and drink it down. If it works for keeping food in canning jars good to eat for months on end, it is good for keeping me healthy!

I never heard of doing that... Hmmm interesting
  • alexbusnello
    Three weeks ago I had a nasty cold. It was the 1st one I had had in a while, and I have noticed that I am less prone to colds and other minor ailments since I started out on MFP. Any way, I didn't let the cold stop me, carried on working out including one very sweaty work out with my PT who thought I was mad. It worked, the cold didn't hang around for long.

I think my attitude to being sick has changed, now if I feel a bit ropey I ask myself if I am still capable of working out, and I normally answer yes. My boss loves it too, I think I have only had one day off of work sick in the last year.

Well if it works for you, but I couldn't workout while sick. Need the rest. Lol
  • alexbusnello
    I don't want to jinx myself by answering how long it has been since I was sick but I do know that the best thing to prevent being sick besides eating healthier (which I am sure that we all pretty much are on here) but also taking Vit C supplements and drinking plenty of water, also, plenty of rest is good...These are also ways of getting rid of it too....Oh, and don't drink milk when you are congested especially in your chest b/c it sticks in your throat b/c of the mucus and makes it thicker and harder for it to be expelled....Hence the more water theory...That's all I got!! :)

Lol I always say how long it's been since I've gotten sick and it hadn't jinxed me. And yeah, I don't eat or drink dairy while sick or when I was. I drink lots if water and tea with some honey. Camomile is best tea for a virus.
  • alexbusnello
    I had a 3 day long migraine 3 weeks ago.

Oh wow.... Ouch
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Yeh.. I dunno. I get an occasional headache.. but probably been about 4 years since I can say I've been sick.
  • alexbusnello
    Before i started with my weight loss journey, I lived in my doctor's office. If it wasn't my asthma, it was my painful knees, to being hospitalized with tightness of my left side of the body. I was like a walking hospital. Now, I can't even remember when was the last time I saw my doctor. I used to see him every 2 weeks from October through January due to my uncontrolled asthma. I didn't see him not even once for that this winter. In fact, now that I can recall, I saw him 3 weeks ago for an ingrown toenail, and he was pleasantly surprised at my weight loss. He told me that he wanted to use me as the poster child for losing weight the right way, for his patients. My health has made a complete turn around since dieting and exercising.

That's good! I still see my doctor for physicals or if I have questions or concerns.
  • alexbusnello
    Yeh.. I dunno. I get an occasional headache.. but probably been about 4 years since I can say I've been sick.

That's about the same length if time for me, too. Lol been awhile.
  • alexbusnello
    I actually haven't been sick in a while, and i'm one of those who catches everything... or was
    That's good!
  • alexbusnello
    Last time I had a cold was February 2010!

Awesome! Keep up whatever you're doing :)
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    The last time I was sick was... I think fall of last year, I had the flu. Before that, maybe back when I had swine flu in high school. I don't get sick often, and it's usually not too detrimental when I do get sick, but this has been nearly all my life. Oh, and I was wrong about the swine flu thing. I had tonsillitis two or three years ago.

Anyway, my health I don't think corresponds much to my "healthy diet" or anything, 'cause it's almost always been unusual for me to get ill, aside from when I was little and my immune system hadn't yet adjusted to much. I honestly believe my good health is due to my distrust of doctors and anyone else in the medical field, ahaha. Take that however you may~.
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    last time was about November last year. i had the flu for the first time ever. took a week to completely go.
    i get colds easily as well. i'm a bad patient haha
  • jiujitsuwarrior
    jiujitsuwarrior Posts: 8 Member
    currently unable to shake a cold and it's driving me crazy that i can't, i never get sick, but this one got me and won't let go
  • alexbusnello
    I've generally noticed the same thing. I can only think of a few times in the past decade that I've been really sick, and one of those was pneumonia during BMT and that totally doesn't count.

I haven't been throwing-up sick in so long that I can't remember the last time.

One of the really cool things I've noticed -- and my dad experienced this too -- is that since my sugar intake went down so drastically I haven't had any problems with nasal congestion, which used to be a chronic issue. Sugar makes me feel pretty ****ty in general, but that almost makes me think I might be allergic to it.

Hmmm you might be. Maybe go see your doctor to find out for sure? Even if you don't, you know it makes you feel crappy.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    last time i was sick was september 2011... i got strep throat :ohwell: this year, i thought i was getting sick a few months back, but it was a false alarm! i love how this lifestyle keeps me healthy ((& i'm knocking on wood as i say this, lol))
  • alexbusnello
    currently unable to shake a cold and it's driving me crazy that i can't, i never get sick, but this one got me and won't let go

Try drinking lots of water, teas with a little honey to sooth the throat, vitamins, some fruit like oranges, soups like chicken noodle usually works and helps you sleep.
  • alexbusnello
    The last time I was sick was... I think fall of last year, I had the flu. Before that, maybe back when I had swine flu in high school. I don't get sick often, and it's usually not too detrimental when I do get sick, but this has been nearly all my life. Oh, and I was wrong about the swine flu thing. I had tonsillitis two or three years ago.

Anyway, my health I don't think corresponds much to my "healthy diet" or anything, 'cause it's almost always been unusual for me to get ill, aside from when I was little and my immune system hadn't yet adjusted to much. I honestly believe my good health is due to my distrust of doctors and anyone else in the medical field, ahaha. Take that however you may~.

Haha well as long as you stay healthy and not get sick, it's all good. :)
  • alexbusnello
    last time i was sick was september 2011... i got strep throat :ohwell: this year, i thought i was getting sick a few months back, but it was a false alarm! i love how this lifestyle keeps me healthy ((& i'm knocking on wood as i say this, lol))

I've never had strep throat but I do get baaad sore throats when I do get sick but in a wuss. Lol
  • alexbusnello
    last time was about November last year. i had the flu for the first time ever. took a week to completely go.
    i get colds easily as well. i'm a bad patient haha

That sounds like my boyfriend. It's hard for him to shake colds or flu bugs. I feel so sorry for him when he's sick. It's depressing... :( his face looks so sad...
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    :angry: Currently have tonsillitis. :angry: