NSV's?? Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!

Options
DakotaKeogh
DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
So, I've come a long, long way from my old wardrobe. I've had to buy clothes and turn around and donate them before we hardly knew each other. Needless to say, my current wardrobe is lacking. I'm working on it. My job is casual - jeans and polo shirt kind of stuff. So, I've focused on that.

Well, this Friday is one of several "events" coming up over then next month that will need something a little more stodgy, though not formal. So, after work I headed out to pick up a sports coat and a nice looking button up. The slacks I already have. I walked the mall through Macy's and Nordstroms and even JC Penneys. Stores just don't keep people around anymore that can measure a guy for a jacket or a suit. Well, Hell, I have no clue what size I am now.

With dread I headed to the store that specializes in THAT kind of clothes. Parked the car thinking that inside the store is a dozen guys with perfectly fitted suits and tape measures who will descend upon me the moment I walk through the door like zombies from a George Romero.

I walk in and instantly this guy is coming over. Perfectly fitted suit. Perfect hair. No tape measure. Hmmmmm

"What can I do for you?"

"I need a jacket and I don't know what size I am."

He looks at me like his brain is saying, "WTH?" Then he says, "Um.... How tall are you?"

"Five ten and a half. I've lost over a hundred pounds. I have no idea what size I am now," I explain.

Wide eyes. Firm handshake. "Oh my God, that's incredible! Good for you!" A tape measure appears seemingly out of his palm like web from Spiderman.

NSV #1

He measures me. "Thirty-Eight Regular," he says. "Not a lot of guys your height come around at that size."

NSV #2

He walks around and picks up several jackets and I try them on. I like them all. I rarely dress that way so I don't see the little misfits he sees. Finally, the last one works. I like it. He likes it. Sold!

"Shirt?" he asks.

"Can you measure my neck?"

He does and sweeps me off to look at shirts. I pick out two since there's a "deal" on.

"Do you know what kind of shirt this is?" he asks.

"Fitted?"

"Slim Fitted. That's a size smaller. The only thing smaller is Ultra Slim Fitted. But, I've never sold one of those." (So, I guess those are the Flamenco dancers with 9 inch hips.)

NSV #3

We go off. He rings it up still congratulating me on my weight loss. "Welcome back to "Off the rack"", he says. I grin and swipe my debit card. Then I happily take my new stuff and go get in the car.

Then it hits me.

Holy Hell. I just dropped $400 on about 10 yards of fabric and some buttons. NSV-toxicity is REALLY expensive!

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Best (and most expensive) NSV's! :laugh: Savor them...you earned them. :smile:
  • AwesomeOne66
    AwesomeOne66 Posts: 220
    Options
    What an awesome story, it clearly made you feel A-MAZING!!! Well done you!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    this is awesme Bro!!! $400 well spent...and I bet you woulda still got the compliments, had you walked out with nothing!!

you HAVE come a long way, you ARE one of my biggest inspirations, and YOU are INCREDIBLE!!

glad to know you Bro!!:heart:
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! :D That made me happy and hopeful!
  • lilorphann
    lilorphann Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! And well deserved! Enjoy your new threads!
  • mebuthalf
    mebuthalf Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    That was so good I read it twice. :-) Congrats, $400 well spent, as you will remember this every time you wear them! Congrats!
  • ItsMeMaryW
    ItsMeMaryW Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You are awesome Brett! Enjoy the new smaller clothes my friend! I bet you look really handsome too!!
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Very funny story and worth every penny of it! Rock on Brett!
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    That's a great nsv! Congratulations!
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Love your humor. Very entertaining story indeed. I say $400 well spent and NSV's well deserved:smile: .
  • cevans_rr
    cevans_rr Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Loved your story in every way! Congrats on the wonderful NSV and thanks for sharing it in such an entertaining way! You always make us smile:)
  • dirtydmvkid
    dirtydmvkid Posts: 184
    Options
    Incredible! Congratulations! Epic win for sure haha!
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    That's exciting!! Congrats on your NSVs!
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Totally worth $400!!! We will, of course, be seeing the pictures, yes?
  • nae4nola
    nae4nola Posts: 7
    Options
    Good for you! You deserve the treat!!!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! You should be so proud! Love this story!
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Amazing, well written, and you deserve the clothes and a huge pat on the back!!!!