Hello fellow wanna be's!!

Options
Hey! I just signed up! My wife filled her profile out last night so, now it's my turn. I've been feeling really gross lately. I've got to make a change. Today is day one for changing my life. We will be hitting the store for some groceries. I intend to go paleo/modified for awhile staying within my calorie allowance. The truth is, I could probably lose weight just by exercising. I eat like crap without exercising already. It's a wonder I'm not the size of a house. I want to change what I put into my body and change my lifestyle. I want to cut back on the industries chemicals and see what mother nature can do for me. I want that glow back!! So starting now, exercising will come first...tv and video games last. Baby steps! So here I go, baby steps to the kitchen to fill up my huge water bottle. Friend me and let's do this together! :-)

Replies

• danamarier
    danamarier Posts: 24
    Options
    Congrats on making the change- especially as a duo, you're success-rate definitely increases!

All the best!
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Welcome to both you and your wife!! Great site - tons of support - truly awesome people!
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Welcome to both you and your wife. It definatly makes life easier if family is in it with you. New myself been here a week but i log everyday and my diarys open add me if you like
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I like to think of it as earning that TV and Video Game time in the Gym... Congrats and Welcome!

I'm going to go earn my video game time now!
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    thats great to both of you, its nice when both of you do it, its a little easier to lose weight together
  • deputydeb511
    deputydeb511 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hello glad to have you and your wife.
  • jasonpclement
    jasonpclement Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! It is true you could exercise and maintain your diet and probably lose. But the opposite is actually more efficient. Diet is a much more effective than exercise, but both together will certainly put you on the fast track. Good choice with Paleo btw! Primal Body, primal mind, is a great paleo book that I'd recommend to anyone interested in the paleo-ish lifestyle.
  • Pir8life
    Pir8life Posts: 9
    Options
    Good choice with Paleo btw! Primal Body, primal mind, is a great paleo book that I'd recommend to anyone interested in the paleo-ish lifestyle.

Thanks for letting me know about the book! That title sounds familiar, I'll look into it.

E~