Apple Cidar Vinegar to help with weight loss?

Options
I first read about organic apple cider vinegar in a magazine about Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas doing shots. It's to cleanse the colon of fatty deposits reducing cravings, and can help to lose up to a half pound a week. When taken after a meal it aids with digestion. At my last workplace, coworkers wanted to do this with me. After taking shots its effect on them cleaned them out and had stimulated bowel movements.

This website goes extensively into all of the benefits:
http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/

Some of the benefits I have found for its uses:
•Reduce sinus infections and sore throats
•Balance high cholesterol
•Cure skin conditions such as acne
•Protect against food poisoning
•Fight allergies in both humans and animals
•Prevent muscle fatigue after exercise
•Strengthen the immune system
•Increase stamina
•Increase metabolism which promotes weight loss
•Improve digestion and cure constipation
•Alleviate symptoms of arthritis and gout
•Prevents bladder stones and urinary tract infections
•Help reduce the appearance of cellulite.

http://www.homeremediesweb.com/apple_cider_vinegar_health_benefits.php

Warning is to not take this vinegar without diluting it. It's acidity will overtime eat away at the enamel on your teeth.

As always add me on MFP if you haven't already. Thanks!!

Replies

• YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    My uncle drinks in throughout the day in all of his water. He swears he never gets sick anymore. Don't know, but that is what he said.
  • Lindaj44
    Lindaj44 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Braggs organic raw vinegar with the mother is the best. It works great for acne and heartburn.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I first read about organic apple cider vinegar in a magazine about Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas doing shots. It's to cleanse the colon of fatty deposits reducing cravings, and can help to lose up to a half pound a week. When taken after a meal it aids with digestion. At my last workplace, coworkers wanted to do this with me. After taking shots its effect on them cleaned them out and had stimulated bowel movements.

This website goes extensively into all of the benefits:
    http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/

Some of the benefits I have found for its uses:
    •Reduce sinus infections and sore throats
    •Balance high cholesterol
    •Cure skin conditions such as acne
    •Protect against food poisoning
    •Fight allergies in both humans and animals
    •Prevent muscle fatigue after exercise
    •Strengthen the immune system
    •Increase stamina
    •Increase metabolism which promotes weight loss
    •Improve digestion and cure constipation
    •Alleviate symptoms of arthritis and gout
    •Prevents bladder stones and urinary tract infections
    •Help reduce the appearance of cellulite.

http://www.homeremediesweb.com/apple_cider_vinegar_health_benefits.php

Warning is to not take this vinegar without diluting it. It's acidity will overtime eat away at the enamel on your teeth.

As always add me on MFP if you haven't already. Thanks!!

Sure I'll go have some so I can end up vomiting a few seconds later.
  • acep07
    acep07 Posts: 24
    Options
    I tried it for awhile, got REALLY bad stomach cramps. As soon as I stopped, stomach cramps stopped. I even tried taking it again because I heard someone raving about it again, and I thought why not give it another go? Stomach cramps came back lol, serves me right.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I take the GNC pills - not exactly for weight loss but if it helps - then awesome.
    I'm actually hoping it helps clear up my skin.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I use it for cooking...because it tastes good.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Ok,

There is no magic potion. I prefer to drink my vinegar while it is still wine.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    this is such BS :laugh:

sorry but this myth has been floating around since at least I was a kid. I remember a few of my aunties were taking it with garlic because it supposedly helped lose weight :laugh:

let's just say that a few months later they were on to the next fad.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I drink it daily myself. It helps my stomach immensly. When I started drinking it I was suffering with a bloated stomach that felt like there was a rock in it. I was miserable. After a few days my stomach felt lighter and my pants began to feel comfortable. I lost 2 pant sizes in a month.

Now wether someone puts stock in it or believes it or not is not my concern. But unless you have tried it for yourself it doesn't seem you have room to place judgement on it.
  • Jalyn77
    Jalyn77 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm giving this a try! I just drank my first diluted glass.... ugggghhhh! How much am I suppose to drink? It's really strong.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    this is such BS :laugh:
    But....but...a magazine said Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas does it!!!!! That's kinda sorta like scientific, riiiiigghhhht???? :tongue:
  • carebearhere
    carebearhere Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I try to have a tablespoon with a large glass of water twice daily, it definitely satiates me, not sure about the metabolic stuff, but I would recommend it, also eases sore throats. It's an acquired taste, but I can easily down a diluted glass now
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    The mind is more powerful than the body. Clearly.
  • Jalyn77
    Jalyn77 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I drink it daily myself. It helps my stomach immensly. When I started drinking it I was suffering with a bloated stomach that felt like there was a rock in it. I was miserable. After a few days my stomach felt lighter and my pants began to feel comfortable. I lost 2 pant sizes in a month.

Now wether someone puts stock in it or believes it or not is not my concern. But unless you have tried it for yourself it doesn't seem you have room to place judgement on it.

I have the same stomach issues and your post convinced me to give this a try. I'm only 133 pounds but my stomach sticks out like I'm 6 months pregnant at night time. :( Anyway I drank some last night and completely "emptied" this morning. I am totally convinced and will be adding ACV to my diet daily. Thanks for the info!
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Ok,

I think wine has many health benefits.........:tongue:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options

I have the same stomach issues and your post convinced me to give this a try. I'm only 133 pounds but my stomach sticks out like I'm 6 months pregnant at night time. :( Anyway I drank some last night and completely "emptied" this morning. I am totally convinced and will be adding ACV to my diet daily. Thanks for the info!

I am glad that it helped you. That is what is important, not the argument.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Braggs has a nice "health drink" recipe on the bottle. I make it from time to time to CORRECT PH. It does make me feel better. I use stevia instead of honey. I like the taste. Reminds me of bread and butter pickles. Yum.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Ok,

:smile:
  • RyanR0320
    RyanR0320 Posts: 44
    Options
    I've used it for heartburn. I couldnt imagine drinking it every day.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    It definitely works for heartburn, and I found that my joints hurt less after running when I drink a tablespoon in water everyday - but for weightloss, stamina and all the other lovely promises in the list - NOPE....