Replies

• Lattegurl
    Lattegurl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Chobani champions! it's the kids version, and I like it bc the portions are smaller but definitely satisfying enough for me for a snack. I used to get the chobani regular single servings (omg the black cherry is so good!) but it was more than I needed and too much sugar.

Plain, I like chobani or fage. For sweet, it's great mixed with fresh fruit and cinnamon (and a little honey if i'm really craving it). It also makes a great creamy salad dressing: I mix a little balsamic vinegar and lemon juice into a few tablespoons. Delicious!
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Why I get it? Protein

Which? Fage, 0% fat plain. Then I mix in my own honey and berries :-)

or pineapple chobani cuz' it's amazing!
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Greek Gods with Honey. AMAZINGLY thick and creamy....oh its like ice cream to me. Its the best Greek yogurt I have found.
  • jdmey
    jdmey Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I read this on the NPR website last week. It helps in choosing what you want in a Greek yogurt. http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2012/07/19/156997600/high-tech-shortcut-to-greek-yogurt-leaves-purists-fuming
  • Jamochadiva
    Jamochadiva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like Dannon and Oikos but the flavored ones are full of a lot of sugar. I also like Cabot Greek style yogurt, I'm disappointed to find out that the yogurts that I like aren't really Greek yogurt, I guess I'll have to try the FAGE to get that authentic Greek yogurt.
  • wordsmith728
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I just tried your suggestion to mix the chocolate baking powder and vanilla flavoring into the greek yogurt. I added splenda because I don't have stevia, but it IS delicious! Thanks!
  • wordsmith728
    Options
    Ive got to try this cocoa powder/ greek yogurt thing..sounds like a great idea. Ive been
    if greek yogurt will freeze? Also, is there no calories in the cocoa powder?

15 calories per TBS (5 gm) of Nestle's Toll House Cocoa powder.
  • sirmio
    sirmio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've tried several brands myself, but Fage is the only one I like (actually, I love it). The texture and mouth feel of Chobani and Oikos reminds me of an overly processed food stuff. Like several others, I also get the 0% plain and add my own fresh fruit instead of buying the ones with the syrupy stuff in the side cars.
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Open to suggestions and reasons why you may think Greek Yogurt is better for us?
    I like Fage. I like to eat it because it has very high protein and is very filling and satisfying. The nonfat kind has the same calories as regular yogurt but triple the protein, and none of the artificial sweeteners and junk. I add chopped fresh fruit and cinnamon and a splash of vanilla.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Fage. #1 favorite. It's amazing compared to Chobani or Oikos. I've tried Oikos vanilla and it's not so bad, but Chobani...ewwww. I took one bite and threw it out TWICE. Not my personal preference. I just really love the texture of Fage. It's thicker. I buy the plain and add in honey with cinnamon and some fruit. Almost better than chocolate.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I tried for the first time Greek yogurt just a week ago, and so far I like it. I buy Danone's Greek Yogurt which comes in various flavors and is quite a good size package. I sometimes add fruit to it just to make it fuller and more nutritious. Good side-dish for breakfast, I think.
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Fage. Plain only. All others are too sweet and really thin/ runny for me.
    I mix fruits or granola into mine. Yum!
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    As far as taste goes I love oskios vanilla yogurt

I second this one. I've tried the others and always go back to this one.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge Chobani fan, but I absolutely ADORE the Oikos Key Lime

There is also one I read about on here, but very rarely find, it's called Noosa..omg..to die for.

I eat it because it's got THREE times the protein of most yogurts :)
  • scorpio61
    scorpio61 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like Fage or buy the winn dixie fat free plain greek yogurt and add cinnomon and wheat bran with a little water or add unsweetened cocoa to it If you look at the back of the yogurt container you will see most contain high grams of sugar I don't need or want the sugar Now if it's a refeed day for me I will eat the low fat yogurt
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    If you have some extra time, you can make your own. It is a lot cheaper that way, and you also have 100% control of the nutrition. There are a ton of food blogs out there that teach how to make Greek yogurt. I like to make mine in a crock pot, but if you have a gas range and oven you can make it in a regular sauce pan, too.
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I make my own with 2% milk. Very easy to make, and delicious. The cultures are active and alive, and it's as fresh as it gets. I like to sweeten mine with a dab of honey, or a teaspoon of jam, which I also make. I can measure out my own serving size and control the thickness of the yogurt too.
    My kids love it and won't eat store yogurt. My vegetarian friends eat it because it does not contain gelatin like most store-bought yogurt.