No weight loss after one month w/MFP

Options
Started MFP one month ago, eating under calories and carbs, yet not an ounce of weight loss. Am discouraged, disappointed.
Feel I am wasting my time with the food diaries every day? Help!

Replies

• MrsAFR
    MrsAFR Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so we can see
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    have you measured yourself lately? could be losing inches instead. if not do u measure your food?
  • zgochenour
    zgochenour Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Lower your calorie goal. Make sure you are being honest with your reporting and carefully judging (use a scale!) your food quantity.
  • rocketpopsicles
    Options
    Seeing all the success on here - I wouldnt give up yet...

Up cardio / excersize, change something with your eating.
    THERE ARE TONS of reasons you may not be losing, and depends how much you have to lose and how different your lifestyle is.

If you keep the same lifestyle - youll stay the same weight.

If you really change your lifestyle - youll really change your weight.
  • br2012
    br2012 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? Are you eating high sodium, processed foods? You could be retaining water. If you truly need a quick drop to inspire you, perhaps try phase 1 of south beach for a week and then let in healthy carbs. I dont think its good long term but helps to boost your spirits if youre scale watching
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Started MFP one month ago, eating under calories and carbs, yet not an ounce of weight loss. Am discouraged, disappointed.

When you say eating under cals, are you eating too much under cals?

What works for me is staying with the MFP calorie goal, doing some exercise to get extra cals to eat and eating most of those back too?

It is really hard to say without seeing your diary honey?
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I started back in April and it took me awhile to notice the weight loss.. If you log everything ,drink water :drinker: ,and exercise you will see some changes. Might not be alot but every little bit counts. I have lost 8 lbs since I started with MFP.. If you don;t open your diary people can't help you.. :flowerforyou:
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    I just noticed on your profile page that you have your age set at 81??? Wow that is amazing that you are wanting to get trim ;-)