Way below my calorie limit for today.. but I'm not hungry?

Options
Not sure what to do in this type of situation- MFP says I'm about 900 calories below my calorie limit. I had a big Sunday breakfast and I'm just not hungry.. is this okay? I don't want to force myself to eat, but I'm starting to feel the affects such as fatigue and a headache.

I'm going to work in about an hour (430).. I work in a restaurant where there's really no down time to be able to eat something, so the next time I'll be able to eat is around 1030 tonight for dinner.

What should I do?

Replies

• camisetgo
    camisetgo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Did you work out?? Are you trying to eat your excersize calories back? If yes, I wouldn't worry about it, but you should whatever MFP is saying you need for just basic calories. Just my opinion. It won't hurt you not to eat for one day, but don't keep your calories too low....you will run out of energy.
  • aspoerr
    aspoerr Posts: 13
    Options
    Did you work out?? Are you trying to eat your excersize calories back? If yes, I wouldn't worry about it, but you should whatever MFP is saying you need for just basic calories. Just my opinion. It won't hurt you not to eat for one day, but don't keep your calories too low....you will run out of energy.

I did.. I burned about 300ish calories by running this morning. Like I said, I feel like I have next to nothing for energy, but I feel so full right now.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Not hungry ,don't eat I say!!!

Basil
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    how can u be feeling the effects of not eating and say ur not hungry?? eat something
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    2 tablespoons of peanut butter will give you 200 calories, and is very tasty.
  • AlixClockHeart
    AlixClockHeart Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Maybe try some fruit? I feel like I always perk up after having some because of the sugar. And it isn't too filling.
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to eat, maybe you could drink some calories? A glass of milk could help.
  • aspoerr
    Options
    2 tablespoons of peanut butter will give you 200 calories, and is very tasty.

Ah, thank you! That's actually not a bad idea!
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    well the day is not over yet...you might be hungry later...your post was at 3:35pm
  • Spanntastic12
    Options
    A light snack maybe some fruit as someone has suggested. I try a banana if I'm in your situation most times. About 100 calories but it's something on your stomach to somewhat tide you over til your next meal.
  • liss125
    liss125 Posts: 77
    Options
    I just have to laugh at the irony of restaurant work. Surrounded by food, but never get a chance to eat :)
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Not sure what to do in this type of situation- MFP says I'm about 900 calories below my calorie limit. I had a big Sunday breakfast and I'm just not hungry.. is this okay? I don't want to force myself to eat, but I'm starting to feel the affects such as fatigue and a headache.

I'm going to work in about an hour (430).. I work in a restaurant where there's really no down time to be able to eat something, so the next time I'll be able to eat is around 1030 tonight for dinner.

What should I do?

You've had very little protein so far, so I'd try to get a bit more of that in for sure.
  • aspoerr
    Options
    I just have to laugh at the irony of restaurant work. Surrounded by food, but never get a chance to eat :)

Weird how that plays out, huh? :laugh:
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    If this is your last chance to eat until 10:30, then you should definitely eat. You'll probably regret it later if you don't.
  • ericbonfiglio
    Options
    You really need to eat about 6 times a day...whether you are "hungry" or not, your body requires the nutrition. A car cannot run without gas in the take. Your body turn food into energy and you have to keep refueling your body every few hours. Its actually better to eat smaller portions more times a day, than larger portions less times a day. Some people only eat like twice a day, but when they eat they eat large meals. That is a bad choice due to your metabolism is everything to losing weight. To get your metabolism really reved up you have to eat often. Its kind of like building a fire. If you were starting a fire you start with small sticks and keep putting more small sticks on the fire until you have it really going...then you can add the larger logs on and it will quickly catch them on fire and burn them up fast. You can't put a big log on a small fire or it will put the fire out and just smoke.
  • aspoerr
    Options
    Thanks, guys! Definitely will try to grab at least something small to eat then!
  • RoosMommy01
    Options
    Not hungry ,don't eat I say!!!

Basil

I was told by a personal trainer yesterday the same thing..if you aren't hungry then listen to your body and don't eat. If you aren't hungry though then you shouldn't be getting the headache so maybe a piece of fruit or water will help with that. Maybe it's something besides "hunger" that is causing the headache.