Frisky and Feisty

Options
AliciaBeth78
AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
First I should say that I have NEVER been in a fight, nor have I ever really had a temper!

I don't know if I've seen Rocky 1-4 too many times, or Warrior or any of those other movies, but ever since i have started strength training I feel really invincible for some reason

2 examples:

1. I was riding my bike home from the gym last week.... so guy shouted at me while I was crossing at an intersection, I shouted back, he shouted back, I threw something at his car... he drove off. Probably for the best.

2. I'm riding my bike yesterday on the sidewalk and I went around a curve. There was a couple with a baby. Now, I'm not a horrible person and I have a mountain bike I could have and would have easily gone around them. But the man (who had the stroller) went in the grass and the woman followed. I heard her say "Oh hell nah that ***** shoulda done gone around etc etc etc" (imagine head shake and all!) Usually I would have ignored this, but alas, it was also after a strength workout.... I said something about her attitude perpetuating horrible stereotypes and when she got even more pissy her husband made her walk off....

Needless to say, I feel like eventually I'm going to get in trouble....

Does anyone else have this problem after a hella good work out session?

Replies

• Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    LOL, girl, you better be careful!
  • AliciaBeth78
    Options
    I guess I'm the only one with post-lifting anger issues! haha
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Put down the Muscle Milk and step away. LMAO, Wow, do not want to cross your path you're a Bad Axx.
  • AliciaBeth78
    Options
    Put down the Muscle Milk and step away. LMAO, Wow, do not want to cross your path you're a Bad Axx.

Thats the problem...its seriously ONLY after I lift....

Otherwise I'm a total sweetheart :)
  • droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    Options
    I get testy too and my mind to mouth filter evaporates. I chalk it up to the change of hormones going on in my body.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Lol. Please be careful! X
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    You dont scare me.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Wow. Sounds like Testosterone. Shave, much?:laugh:
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    whats weird is I have the exact opposite. I usually have a temper and issues with keeping my mouth shut, but after i strength train its gone...
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Damn girl! Lifting must raise your testosterone levels.or something. Lol.
    Im usually really happy after a great strength workout.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

nah, I used to be a timid wuss...

but recently at a sporting event someone right in front of us in the bleachers was being a loud-*kitten* foul mouthed c*nt in front of my kid.

I LOUDLY and FORCEFULLY told her to shut up and watch her mouth because there were a lot of young children around. She and her friend got up and moved and mothers nearby said thank you to me. :)

being able to lift 120 pounds has changed me, but I say it's for the better...
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    in the stroller incident, were you cycling on the sidewalk??
  • AliciaBeth78
    Options
    You dont scare me.

BOO! Did I scare you then? :bigsmile:
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options

Not to mention give people reason to justify their bad behavior toward other bikers.
  • FitForeverAgain
    FitForeverAgain Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Male or female, that's the beauty of testosterone increases in your newly found fit body! Now you know why all of us boys where running around looking for fights in high school and college!!!
    First I should say that I have NEVER been in a fight, nor have I ever really had a temper!

I don't know if I've seen Rocky 1-4 too many times, or Warrior or any of those other movies, but ever since i have started strength training I feel really invincible for some reason

2 examples:

1. I was riding my bike home from the gym last week.... so guy shouted at me while I was crossing at an intersection, I shouted back, he shouted back, I threw something at his car... he drove off. Probably for the best.

2. I'm riding my bike yesterday on the sidewalk and I went around a curve. There was a couple with a baby. Now, I'm not a horrible person and I have a mountain bike I could have and would have easily gone around them. But the man (who had the stroller) went in the grass and the woman followed. I heard her say "Oh hell nah that ***** shoulda done gone around etc etc etc" (imagine head shake and all!) Usually I would have ignored this, but alas, it was also after a strength workout.... I said something about her attitude perpetuating horrible stereotypes and when she got even more pissy her husband made her walk off....

Does anyone else have this problem after a hella good work out session?
  • AliciaBeth78
    Options

nah, I used to be a timid wuss...

but recently at a sporting event someone right in front of us in the bleachers was being a loud-*kitten* foul mouthed c*nt in front of my kid.

I LOUDLY and FORCEFULLY told her to shut up and watch her mouth because there were a lot of young children around. She and her friend got up and moved and mothers nearby said thank you to me. :)

being able to lift 120 pounds has changed me, but I say it's for the better...

You are offiically my hero! That is awesome!
  • jaeysson
    jaeysson Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I normally don't have a temper. The only time I get POd or upset is when I am riding my bike. I think it's because my heart rate is already up and I have exercise hormones racing through my blood. I've had many verbal confrontations with drivers but luckily it has never turned physical. When a driver does something that upsets me (like cut in front in me and slam on their brakes to make a turn) I try to keep calm and realize it is nothing personal and they are just ignorant and/or impatient.

As far as the stroller, in my state it is illegal to ride a bike on the sidewalk. People do it and the cops don't care, but the law states bicycles must ride on the street and follow the same rules as an automobile. Its called a sideWALK for a reason.
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I hate when riding my bike on the right with traffic or on the shoulder with traffic (not on the sidewalk) when a jogger, walker or bike rider insists on riding the "wrong" way. Sucks because the only way to avoid a head on is to slide out into traffic. ' I hollared at someone doing this the other day and was promptly called an a--hole. Thats the closest I ever came to a fight.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    You dont scare me.

BOO! Did I scare you then? :bigsmile:

Well, you kinda caught me off guard that time. :happy:
  • FitForeverAgain
    FitForeverAgain Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    As an avid cyclist, I couldn't agree more. Ride on a bike path, or the road, following the same rules as a car. If that car in front of you hits his brakes - it's YOU who has to be ready to stop and in a position to do so. No getting pissed for not having your bike under control (sorry - just the reality of the road). Get off that sidewalk, ride with safety and caution in mind - cars will NOT see you, and even if they do, they will do things you don't expect - BE READY.

Side note pet peeve - if you're on a bike, and you have headphones in you deserve to be beaten to a bloody pulp.
    I normally don't have a temper. The only time I get POd or upset is when I am riding my bike. I think it's because my heart rate is already up and I have exercise hormones racing through my blood. I've had many verbal confrontations with drivers but luckily it has never turned physical. When a driver does something that upsets me (like cut in front in me and slam on their brakes to make a turn) I try to keep calm and realize it is nothing personal and they are just ignorant and/or impatient.

As far as the stroller, in my state it is illegal to ride a bike on the sidewalk. People do it and the cops don't care, but the law states bicycles must ride on the street and follow the same rules as an automobile. Its called a sideWALK for a reason.