Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How often do you weigh yourself?

I weigh myself daily because if I don't, I tend to get off track. How about you?

Replies

• jvhall83
    jvhall83 Posts: 35
    I weigh myself once a week. I've heard that some people do it twice but I rather do it once so i dont have to focus on looking at the scale. I can focus on maintaining my diet and exercise and then make necessary changes from there.
  • Kurrsteee
    Kurrsteee Posts: 72 Member
    Normally once a week, but this week twice as I restarted my diet mid-week and my normal weigh-in day is Sunday.
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Once a week and I try to avoid the week before my periond, because I am trying not to get obsessd by what the scale says.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Once a week, sometimes longer. I measure myself every other week.
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    Everyday. I want to ensure that I'm heading in the right direction.
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    every day but I only log my weight every 2 weeks.
  • vikkibaptie
    vikkibaptie Posts: 16 Member
    I've been weighing myself daily but it's kinda putting me off as I want to see changes every day and as I'm doing some intense workouts the scales don't always go down. So I think I might go back to once a week... can't resist those scales though!
  • Meikmeika
    Meikmeika Posts: 108 Member
    Once a week....otherwise I can become a nutcase.
  • angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    everyday so i dont go off track like yourself but I techincally weigh in on MFP once a week on a sunday. I think to many people on MFP log how much they lose every 2 days on MFP and i think that is too OTT.
  • BigMike915
    BigMike915 Posts: 112 Member
    I used to weigh daily or once every other day. I reached a point where I was getting mad because my weight would fluctuate so much, which is normal, that I quit weighing so often. Now I only weigh like once every few weeks. I have reached the point to where I am just about where I want to be, and now I just weigh out of curiosity.
  • BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    Daily, I log when I lose weight but if I fluctuate I don't log the gain, I just wait until I lose again.
  • laurenboyer1
    laurenboyer1 Posts: 12 Member
    Everyday, Otherwise I get paranoid I've put on. Only log once a week though and I don't worry if the scale goes up inbetween
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Daily. Because it keeps me on track. I avg over a week and don't count it as loss or gain unless I'm above my highest/ or lower than my lowest for the past week.
  • Once a week on Wed Morning. Every once in awhile, I do in between as well.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,722 Member
    twice a week, I log once a week and check during the week to see progress :)
  • Every. Single. Day. My husband is talking about hiding the scale. :/
  • Every. Single. Day. My husband is talking about hiding the scale. :/

If you see yourself obsessing over the scale, you probably should stop using it for a while. I heard that measurements are more accurate anyway. :)
  • breno2342
    breno2342 Posts: 1
    I used to weight myself several times per day, but I would frequently get discourage at the sight of normal fluctuations; to that end, I now only weight myself once per day. Ideally, I would only weight myself once per week, but I don't have enough self-control to do that...
  • I have been doing it every day but I find it's too discouraging. I am now moving to the once a week system.
  • Mostly everyday at the same time...it's a quick reminder to stay on track!