Replies

• DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Looks good.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Now I do have to get some protein powder, Pinned the recipe, thanks.
  • IAmFranciscoB
    Options
    this looks awesome
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    How would this taste without the ricotta cheese?

In the first batch of these cupcakes, I had used unsweetened applesauce and no ricotta cheese. While edible, the texture was very runny and I didn't care for it.. I switched to ripe banana and added ricotta cheese primarily for texture and density and the cupcakes turned out a lot better.

Re: the other question about using cottage cheese, I'm quite confident it will work out pretty well.

I made a third batch of these muffins/cupcakes/whatever you wanna call them yesterday. Omitted the muffin liners and sprayed the pan with non-stick cooking spray. Blended the ripe banana with everything else at the same time. Muffins came out AWESOME. I mean they were "OMG, how can these taste so good and be under 400 calories for the entire lot?!" level of awesome. And the house smelled wonderful with cinnamon, chocolate and banana in the air. /faint
  • Elen_Sia
    Options
    Is it inappropriate to say I LOVE YOU? LOL TY!!

Not at all and you are very welcome. Hope you love them as much as I have. :)
  • liezelcha
    liezelcha Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Elen_Sia
    Options
    I think they might rise better if you put some baking soda in there too. :)

Looks yummy!

Wonderful idea, thank you! I don't have baking instincts. I prefer to cook. So thank you for the suggestion of baking soda! :flowerforyou:
  • katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Options
    I only have vanilla protein powder, could I just add more cocoa?
  • LooneyBruni
    LooneyBruni Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Looks good, Thanks!
  • fithannafit
    Options
    BUMP
  • Elen_Sia
    Options
    I only have vanilla protein powder, could I just add more cocoa?

You most certainly can! I scoured the Internet for protein-powder pancake/cupcake recipes and grabbed the ingredients that appealed the most to me for this recipe. A few of them used vanilla protein powder and additional unsweetened cocoa powder was used.
  • kmw011001
    kmw011001 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you for this idea.:smile:
  • katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the info! I'm SO excited to make these tomorrow.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Just have a batch of these in the oven. They smell lovely...can't wait for them to be ready :smile:

I have used chocolate nut protein powder and cottage cheese and 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • Elen_Sia
    Options
    Just have a batch of these in the oven. They smell lovely...can't wait for them to be ready :smile:

I have used chocolate nut protein powder and cottage cheese and 1/4 tsp baking powder

Wonderful! I hope you like them. :smile: