Can someone tell me why I am not loosing?

Options
I started this journey since early June. My measurements and weight have been stagnant throughout, what is going on?
I have been eating on average 1500 cals I am 5ft2 and weight 68kg, I am generally a snacker but I have managed to keep it controlled by eating small meals 5-6 times a day. I read up on MFP that I should increase my intake as I am exercising 6 times a week. I also increase my cardio to 600 -800 calories a day at times with weight training. I have followed the advice to it more and increased my intake by MFP standard to 2000 cals yet after two weeks still nothing has changed. I am determined to see this through but can't seem to crack the problem. I am thinking of reducing my cals back to 1200 which is what MFP recommend if I don't do any exercise. Can someone suggest anything that may break this plateau? Eating most of my exercise cals is not doing anything and I can't see myself upping my workouts anymore than this! Help!!!!!

Replies

• orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed, so there is not much we can suggest if we don't really know what you are eating.

The problem I see with EM2WL is that you have to be aboslutely accurate with what you log, there is not a whole lot of room for error. MAybe you are eating more than you think you are eating, above your TDEE, otherwise you should see some weight loss.

Maybe try cutting back on the cals by 100/week until you start losing .....

Also, try to eat a diet high in protein and veggies
  • fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose my first month either. Keep going.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Can you make your diary public then we can have a look and what you're eating.

Weight loss is more about diet than exercise, so is it possible that you are overestimating how many calories you are burning? 600-800 calories seems like a lot at your size unless you are working out 2-3 hours a day doing super high intensity workouts the entire time.
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    A lot of it depends on the types of calories you are eating...
  • kornmaiden
    kornmaiden Posts: 109
    Options
    Depending on your activity level 1500 is probably too much. I had my resting metabolism done (I am 5'2 as well) and it turned out, that with no exercise my body only burns a little less than 1200 calories a day. I set my minimum calories on here to that and eat back what I earn for exercise up to a max of 1400 calories. The rirst week doing this I lost 3 pounds after being on a plateau for a month with WW. The problem there was eating too much fruit, probably as much as 300 calories worth a day. Now I do MFP exclusively and use a fitbit to track my activity.
  • lolly2721
    lolly2721 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Have you lost inches on your body? This may be happening to you. You may be losing inches and gaining lean muscle. I have found that sometimes I have to have a cheat day. It almost is like jumpstarting my weight loss again. I don't count calories and eat what I was within reason. Make sure you are drinking enough water. Your body really needs this if you are working out 6 times a week. What are your workouts looking like? I found that if my cardio was good then I would drop the weight.

Good luck to you and I hope you find something helpful to get you off the plateau.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I think your estimations for calories earned from exercise could be a bit high maybe? I do similar amounts of exercise (gym for cardio and weights) and walk the dog twice daily and I usually get an extra 600 ish cals from that. I'd always rather under estimate my calories burnt than over estimate it. Maybe as well, looking at your diary, it's the type of foods your having. Although you stay within your allowance maybe ditching the mc'ds might help? I think the less processed food we eat the better.
  • mrsheu
    mrsheu Posts: 30
    Options
    1500 might be too high. I am 5`0, starting weight was similar to yours (155) and I am eating 1350 calories. The weighloss has been slow but steady.

Edited to add: I am also doing EM2LW, but since my BMR is so low due to my height, I am eating at 1350 calories. I sometimes go above and beyond that, but never by more than 200 calories.
  • nashiyashi
    nashiyashi Posts: 17
    Options
    Changing the types of foods you eat can make a big difference, I always try to eat a lot of foods high in fiber, lean protein (fish and poultry mostly), and healthy fats (such as in fish, olive oil, nuts and seeds etc.) in addition to lots of veggies for nutrients, that way I get full easily without having to eat too much. Also, drinking a lot of water throughout the day is a good idea, although I also often don't drink enough! Eliminating "empty" calories like chips, white bread products and things like that is probably the best thing you can do to help you lose weight in my opinion. Good luck!