what do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• emptty1
    emptty1 Posts: 7
    Options
    For the longest time i never really ate a breakfast, one of my problems, however since working out it is either a dry bowl of Cheerios, Cliff Energy bar or a Whey shake with 2% milk. Finding the Cliff bars are doing a good job and sit well with me when i work out in the mornings.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    nothing, I rarely eat breakfast.. I hate all the foods you eat for breakfast :noway: :sick:
  • javagsd
    javagsd Posts: 82
    Options
    I rotate between 4 breakfasts:
    - fruit and greek yogurt & tea or a skinny vanilla latte
    - oatmeal added to the above
    - 2 egg cheese omelet
    - banana/strawberry/mango/yogurt smoothie
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of egg substitute, half slice of pepper bacon and a slice of smart carb toast with no sugar added apple butter.

This breakfast meal has 180 calories, 16 carbs (4 net carbs), 4 grams fat, 21 grams protein, 12 grams fiber and 295 mg sodium.

I drink a glass of water before I start cooking and have a cup of coffee with the meal. Sometimes I'll add low fat cottage cheese or a piece of fruit but those, of course, change the nutritional content of the meal. This is one of my fav's though!
  • johnsnana
    johnsnana Posts: 63
    Options
    4% cottage cheese but I wait until after 11am to eat because I workout on an empty stomach to help burn more carbs.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelet with tomatoes, mushrooms, and salsa. Sometimes I live on the wild side and get a quesadilla.
  • lifeissweet89
    Options
    I know yogurt is a little high in carbs but I love having the Dannon Light &Fit yogurt with sliced strawberries if I wake up with a sweet tooth or egg whites and toast. Oatmeal is always good if you wanna keep full for a while :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I either have
    a) Poached eggs and a slice of wholemeal toast
    b) porridge (oatmeal?)
    c) scrambled eggs, baked beans (no toast)
    d) fruit and low fat natural yoghurt

I exercise a lot and want to keep my protein high.
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    im trying not to have any processed foods... is turkey slices n other lunch meat considered processed?

Yes.....it is usually processed food.
  • Adveshan
    Adveshan Posts: 8
    Options
    Hard-boiled eggs with bacon (which is good for you by the way) for starters. Then I eat either a bowl of Honey bunches cereal with a banana, or turkey/tuna slices tossed in a ranchless salad.
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    4% cottage cheese but I wait until after 11am to eat because I workout on an empty stomach to help burn more carbs.

From what I understand you rev up your metabolism by doing two things in the morning, exercise and eating. You cannot start your engine so to speak without food. Research it, I think it was oprahs trainer that I heard that from.
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am starting to rotate my meal routine so I don't get bored.

Some mornings it'll be scrambled eggs and some bacon (no toast). Other days I use a protein shake (mixed with water) or Special K cereal.

If it's morning eggs and bacon, that's my "big calorie" meal for the day and I will follow up with lighter lunches and dinners.

If I make my dinner my "big calorie" meal (which would be fish or chicken with a fresh vegetable), I will go with a light breakfast and lunch.

Throughout the day to maintain caloric intake I use snacks like fruit, Quaker Granola Bars (they're only 100 calories a bar which is great when I want something sweet) or a couple Polly-O 2% Skim milk string cheese.
  • jseger3
    jseger3 Posts: 9
    Options
    It's actually not so random....It's based on getting as many nutrient dense foods with as much variety as I can.
  • alexvallely
    alexvallely Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    either 2 eggs scrambled with black pepper or porridge made with water and a banana, seeds and honey sprinkled on top are good too :)
  • kann09
    kann09 Posts: 12
    Options
    I am tired of eggs too. If you are trying to watch carbs thier is not much to eat. I have the same problem. I wont eat cereal or toast and not much is left. I wont eat yogurt either because, has to much sugar. You can check on pintrest sometimes they have some good ideas. I have not seen one with out eggs. lol If you find something let me know so, I can make it myself
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have a green smoothie each morning.

I include vanilla almond milk, protein powder, matcha green tea powder, raw baby spinach, 1/2 of a med banana and nonfat greek yogurt and a few ice cubes. I blend it for 5 mins until it is frothy.

How many calories? That actually sounds really good

It's 265 calories -- most of those coming from the protein powder itself.
  • MrsPodaski
    MrsPodaski Posts: 34
    Options
    cottage cheese doubles- 100 calories, or nonfat greek yogurt 140 cals
    peanut butter on whole wheat toast, or scrambled eggs if I have time to cook.
  • caubel
    caubel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 1/2 cup of beaters (usually the flavored kind), with a Tbsp of salsa on a toasted whole wheat sandwich thin or English muffin. With this sandwich, I usually eat a piece of fruit.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Usually a protein fruit smoothie (frozen berries, almond/soy/rice milk, 1/2 banana, protein powder)

Or Veggie 'sausage' patties

Or Steel Cut Oats (with flax and chia seeds )
  • BTheGreatest
    BTheGreatest Posts: 145
    Options
    Half cup of organic cottage cheese, about 6-8 large strawberries sliced, 1 tbsp of sliced raw almonds, and a half tbsp of honey or light agave.... To me it's a cheesecake fix without the guilt!!