Working out with friends

Options
linz1125
linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
I know everywhere you go the advice is to workout with a buddy...well am I crazy for feeling that my "buddies" hinder my workout. I normally start with 15-20 minutes cardio, then weight training, then core training, and back to a cardio cool down. No one who I have been to the gym with is able to keep up. I feel like I am still ready to do another set of weights and they are ready to go home. How do you politely tell a friend that you would prefer to workout alone?

It does make me happy that they want to work out with me, but I can only get to the gym 3-4 days a week and want to make the most of it.

Replies

• jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    If you're crazy for thinking that, then so am I.

I know some friends of mine when they want to workout together are a hindrance but on the flipside, I have a few other friends who will challenge and motivate me to push myself.

As for telling someone you want to workout alone, that's a tough one. I've had to tell a couple of my friends that I couldn't workout with them cause our goals and routines were totally different and didn't make sense to buddy up.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    The only two reasons to train with friends is because 1) they help you to get to the gym and 2) they help you perform better once you are there... if not, dump em!