Anyone start out @ 300lbs. or more?

Options

Replies

• IowaLady80
    IowaLady80 Posts: 12
    Options
    I started out at 320 and I am down to 295 in about 2 months. I am always looking for more friends for motivation! Feel free to add me. :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    365lbs
  • BigBodyBobby
    Options
    I started at 398lbs..add me if you like!
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I started at 352 in January and I'm down 71 pounds. Always looking for friends to motivate and be motivated by! :)
  • Jalare
    Jalare Posts: 103
    Options
    My highest recorded weight was 333. I'm sure it was higher I just don't have a number. I started recording my journey at 318. My last weigh-in was 256. Lost 17 using MFP. Goal weight is 195. My weightloss has been slow and steady but I've been able to keep my weight down for about 2 years. I wish you all the best!
  • bethb03
    bethb03 Posts: 96
    Options
    Started on MFP in March weighing in at 371 although my highest weight was a whopping 395, getting off some medication helped me get down to the 371. Been overweight my entire life and for the first time in my life I'm DETERMINED to change. It can be done as you can see by all the reply's you have received :smile:
    Feel free to add me!
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    My highest weight was 350. Not my finest moment, but it's so much fun to see that scale go down. Of course, it's so much hard work. But I can't wait to be under 300. I'm gonna seriously throw a party! HAHA!
  • RealMattHopkins
    RealMattHopkins Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    re-starting my fitness journey now. I was always overweight as a child and in the second year of my BA, I decided that I would join the Canadian Armed Forces and turn my fitness-life around. I worked hard to turn things around and I succeeded but unfortunately I ended up seriously injuring my back during basic training. It ended my career before it began and I couldn't really work out like I did before and I did regain every single pound and then some that took me years to lose.

I am now re-starting the journey at 326lbs and looking to go back down to 240lbs where I am much, much more comfortable. The health benefits cannot be overstated, especially with the injured back. The problem I have is that I can't do FUN exercise. I am stuck doing the more mundane, low impact stuff that pales in comparison to my old workouts. MFP will, therefore, have to be the most important element of this process as I cut calories and drop weight.

Good luck to all of those who are getting on this challenge too.

Matt
  • prettymomof5
    prettymomof5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's great to know that I'm not starting out alone in the 300's! I know that there are many people around the weight that I am but to see how some of you have succeeded or are in the journey gives me that push and I don't even know anyone!!! Thanks for the friend request and the stories. I was ready before but it's game time now! Yayyy Team PM5!
  • Bignfulww
    Bignfulww Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    yep 350 now 310 im pretty happy about this :-)
  • NotTomorrowButToday
    NotTomorrowButToday Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yes indeed i started off at 335 and that was the last time i checked the scale, so i probably even gained more, but started trying to change my life in 2010, since then ive been up and down, but im at 281.0, just so ready to really start loosing some weight here!
  • kmwrestle
    kmwrestle Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i started at 462
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I was close: 295.4

I wrote it down and have it on my mirror and my phone as a daily reminder of what I never want to see again. Today, I weighed in at 224.8. It hasn't been easy at times, but I just keep telling myself at the gym when things get tough:

"Remember why you're here!"

Works every single time. When I want to stop running, I say those words and push myself for another 2 minutes or so. When I want a burger, I get almonds instead. It's a lifestyle change for me as I know it never was how much I was eating, but what I was eating (without exercising).

I'm content with where I am now, but not 100% satisfied. I figured 205 lbs is where I'd like to be. Many believe I'd be too skinny and they might be right with my frame, but it's worth a shot.
  • thebrianmo
    thebrianmo Posts: 108
    Options
    I started at 428 lbs, down 42 pounds so far. You can indeed do it.
  • mrsslimkatie
    Options
    bump
  • cuttingA83
    cuttingA83 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hi! i started myfitpal june 1st starting weight being 354 and now its 324. my highest 3yr ago was 375. i still have like 160lbs or so to loose to get to my goal weight which i would like it to be between 145-155ish depending what i like being at. im 5'5 so not sure what im going to look like. i havent been that weight since i was like 13 :/ but im loving this change in my life and look forward to everyday of logging! we can do it together! good luck :)
  • xxmzangel
    xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I started at about 359, but was around 311 when I started logging, and am now 272.8, but my weigh in's tomorrow, so I'm hopeful for less! :tongue:
  • clewis628
    clewis628 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I started at 337. The highest I have ever been. I'm now at 297.4 (slight gain this past week). This is the longest I have stuck with anything so I am feeling confident that this is the time for me to get it off for good! Feel free to add me as I always love having the support of people on here and love being able to give support in return!
  • Prilla04
    Prilla04 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    If you need support, add me!!
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I started at 297 and looking to get down to about 130 - so about 100lbs to go so hopefully 10 to 12 months to go lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!