How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I weigh myself daily because if I don't, I tend to get off track. How about you?

Replies

• jvhall83
    jvhall83 Posts: 35
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. I've heard that some people do it twice but I rather do it once so i dont have to focus on looking at the scale. I can focus on maintaining my diet and exercise and then make necessary changes from there.
  • Kurrsteee
    Kurrsteee Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Normally once a week, but this week twice as I restarted my diet mid-week and my normal weigh-in day is Sunday.
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Once a week and I try to avoid the week before my periond, because I am trying not to get obsessd by what the scale says.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Once a week, sometimes longer. I measure myself every other week.
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Everyday. I want to ensure that I'm heading in the right direction.
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    every day but I only log my weight every 2 weeks.
  • vikkibaptie
    vikkibaptie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing myself daily but it's kinda putting me off as I want to see changes every day and as I'm doing some intense workouts the scales don't always go down. So I think I might go back to once a week... can't resist those scales though!
  • Meikmeika
    Meikmeika Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Once a week....otherwise I can become a nutcase.
  • angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    everyday so i dont go off track like yourself but I techincally weigh in on MFP once a week on a sunday. I think to many people on MFP log how much they lose every 2 days on MFP and i think that is too OTT.
  • BigMike915
    BigMike915 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh daily or once every other day. I reached a point where I was getting mad because my weight would fluctuate so much, which is normal, that I quit weighing so often. Now I only weigh like once every few weeks. I have reached the point to where I am just about where I want to be, and now I just weigh out of curiosity.
  • BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Daily, I log when I lose weight but if I fluctuate I don't log the gain, I just wait until I lose again.
  • laurenboyer1
    laurenboyer1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Everyday, Otherwise I get paranoid I've put on. Only log once a week though and I don't worry if the scale goes up inbetween
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Daily. Because it keeps me on track. I avg over a week and don't count it as loss or gain unless I'm above my highest/ or lower than my lowest for the past week.
  • AwesomePossum82
    Options
    Once a week on Wed Morning. Every once in awhile, I do in between as well.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    twice a week, I log once a week and check during the week to see progress :)
  • kmcoffey820
    Options
    Every. Single. Day. My husband is talking about hiding the scale. :/
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    Every. Single. Day. My husband is talking about hiding the scale. :/

If you see yourself obsessing over the scale, you probably should stop using it for a while. I heard that measurements are more accurate anyway. :)
  • breno2342
    breno2342 Posts: 1
    Options
    I used to weight myself several times per day, but I would frequently get discourage at the sight of normal fluctuations; to that end, I now only weight myself once per day. Ideally, I would only weight myself once per week, but I don't have enough self-control to do that...
  • hoopingchild
    Options
    I have been doing it every day but I find it's too discouraging. I am now moving to the once a week system.
  • AshleygardnerSandiego
    Options
    Mostly everyday at the same time...it's a quick reminder to stay on track!