what do you eat for breakfast?

Options
124»

Replies

• Choanni64
    Choanni64 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    3/4 cup cottage cheese
    2 cups of fruit (varies from day to day, but right now mostly strawberries)
    Sometimes I also have 1/2 bagel with 1 tbs light cream cheese topped with 1/8 avocado

Works for me and tasted delicious!
  • dzstephy
    dzstephy Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Fage Greek Yogurt.
  • Chop28
    Chop28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal with 1 tsp of cinnamona and sugar. Plus, 2 slices of bacon that is not high in fat or if no meat just 1 boil egg with it.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Usually eggs, turkey bacon, toast and fresh fruit I alternate that breakfast with hot oatmeal with almond milk topped with fresh fruit. If I am super tired, a bowl of Cheerios works just as well.

This week, going to try overnight oatmeal and crock pot, overnight steel cut oats. Looking to add new things to my breakfast options.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Well I never really ate breakfast but I know I'm meant to so I started today with a banana an apple and some yoghurt
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I rotate between oats with full fat milk, dark rye breads with wholegrains/seeds, eggs with mushrooms/onion/tomato and occasionally something like a bacon and egg roll/wrap.

Occasionally will throw in some berries or a banana and also Greek yoghurt.
  • LittleRedBird18
    LittleRedBird18 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I usually have a glass of almond milk, some kind of fruit, and a handful of nuts. That seems to keep me full and satisfied for quite some time. (If I skip the nuts, I get hungry much faster!)
  • jenjones28
    jenjones28 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am tired of eggs too. If you are trying to watch carbs thier is not much to eat. I have the same problem. I wont eat cereal or toast and not much is left. I wont eat yogurt either because, has to much sugar. You can check on pintrest sometimes they have some good ideas. I have not seen one with out eggs. lol If you find something let me know so, I can make it myself
    If I eat a lot of carbs, especially in the morning, I won't be able to make it to noon without getting sick and shaky. If you don't want eggs or egg beaters, then you could do tuna mixed with lite mayo and/or pickle relish on toast, mince up some chicken and mix with lite mayo and a few silvered almonds (grapes optional) and eat on a few crackers for a chicken salad kind of thing, or you could do a wrap with low carb wrap or tortilla with chicken or ham (or eggs, ha!) with lettuce, sprouts, tomatoes, or whatever you want on it. Cottage cheese works in the mornings. Grilled ham and cheese using low-cal bread is something I like, too. If it's a grab-and-go kind of morning, then I resort to a greek yogurt, string cheese, and a banana.
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    A fruit smoothie and 2 boiled eggs. I'm not a big egg lover so I'll eat leftovers from the night before or have a protein shake if I can't stomach anything solid. Sometimes I just don't want to eat anything till late morning anyway.
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    breakfast is my favorite meal of the day... <3
    - wheat pancakes with or w/o syrup (i use sugar-free syrup, i'm really feeling the need to have it.. otherwise, i stick to fresh fruit and the awesome texture of my pancakes)
    - cream of wheat (throw in some honey/truvia, fresh or dried fruit [berries, peaches, pears, banana, etc])
    - oatmeal <3 (google recipes.. my goodness, there's a million things your can do with oatmeal!)
    - cheerios w/soy milk
    - rice and eggs
    - whole-wheat english muffin with 1/4-1/2 cup of microwaved egg white/egg-white substitute (+ ketchup + spinach/mushrooms)
    - toast (+ cinnamon and truvia, sugar-free jelly, PB, apple butter)
    - yogurt (greek for extra protein + fresh fruit or s.f. jelly/honey for an extra kick of flavor)
    - turkey bacon (quick and easy to make)
    - breakfast burrito (scrambled egg whites + meat of choice + salsa + whole-wheat tortilla + veggies)
    - noodles (seriously, plain wheat noodles. easy.)
    - ramen omelet (take the noodles of a ramen package + low-sodium seasonings of choice + egg whites + veggies/meat.. prepare like a regular ol' omelet)
    - take-and-go heatable meals - jimmy dean, hot pockets, pop-tarts, eggos (not the best, especially with all the sodium/sugar but, hey, if you gotta busy morning...)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    A hunk of cheese, a handful of raw nuts and coffee with heavy cream got me through today.

And that included a couple of hours of strolling in the afternoon.

In the mood for a BIG dinner ...
  • ericbonfiglio
    Options
    I eat 2 slices of turkey bacon only 35 calories each...1/2 cup southwestern style egg beaters only 40 calories and makes a nice omlet, and a piece of 40 calorie toast...that is only 150 calories....good and fills you up till lunch.
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    I am a picky eater to begin with, but I am getting bored! I am
    not really trying to eat high carbs, but what else can i have?

I first eat my fruit then in about two hours after that I eat mixed nuts then about an hour later I have some kind of eggs, scrambled or boiled... takes me all the way until lunch (I start my day around 0600 when it comes to eating).
  • lisamlc
    lisamlc Posts: 61
    Options
    I find it really hard to eat breakfast and most days didn't bother at all. I can't really eat cereals as I am not a big fan of milk and I am trying to avoid bread. I am now trying to eat something for breakfast as I know it is better for me. I have been having fresh fruit and yoghurt for the last couple of days. Also had a poached egg with some lean ham on Saturday.
  • lillauraseymour
    lillauraseymour Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Multi grain bread & Vegemite

Two wheat bix and soy milk

Danish feta & multi grain bread
  • Blondefitbarbie
    Options
    Egg whites with spinach and cottage cheese with a side of greens, usually kale, bok choy, beet greens or broccoli :)