"anorexic arms, thick thighs"

Options

Replies

• UnpredictablyPretty21
    UnpredictablyPretty21 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Whoa, sweetie.... All I can say is that you are SMOKIN HOT!!!!!!!!! Your friends arent really friends if they are saying stuff like that!!!! I dont care if alcohol is the reason for it. I had friends like that and now I have nothing to do with them, turns out they were jealous. I have a tiny upper body and big thighs as well... I guess we have to deal with it and love ourselves for who we are :) stuff everyone else!!! you keep up the great work xo
  • josiejopalmer
    josiejopalmer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Planks and side planks are really good for toning tummies! As long as you can (at least a minute, build up to 2) in each of the 3 positions every morning and it'll do wonders!
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I usually take "advice" from female friends with a grain of salt...women can be incredibly catty to each other and can let jealousy get the best of them.

And I would take being compared to a female athlete as a compliment ;)

You look great, girly!
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    You sound like me. I have small arms, small stomach, thick hips and thighs. If I buy jeans to fit my legs and butt, they are super huge in the waist.!!
  • alltacht
    alltacht Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful in your pics. I have the opposite problem. Massive arms, big boobs and a belly. But no *kitten* or thighs. Even after losing about 30lbs its like its all from the waist down! Arms and tummy like yours are like a dream to me :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    28DD, 24.5 inch waist, 36 inch butt lol

I'm the same body type as you and of all things to worry about I don't worry about that lol. Tho finding pants that dont stick off at the back is a pain and finding a bra is impossible.

Your in your 30s, your beautiful, you can't be everything everyone wants all the time. Embrace the hotness. Stop thinking like a teenage girl :p you have nothing to worry about
  • Dino924
    Dino924 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting to accept that I really can't change the shape the of my body, no matter what I weigh, the shape is the same!

Doing heavy squats and lunges on the smith machine makes my hips, butt and thighs a little slimmer. Lifting weights makes my upper body bigger though, I usually need to go up a band size on my bra when I lift a lot, everyone's different though!

I have short torso and long legs, so my legs aren't thick, but my waist is :-(

And I think you look great!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    It sounds like those guys have been listening to those player-type dating experts that tell men to reel 'em in by making women feel insecure. Ignore them and hand with people with a bit more respect for others.
  • Meganalva
    Meganalva Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I think you look wonderful! Who cares what they even think? Sound like jerks to me. You don't look "anorexic" at all. You look healthy!
  • A_Shannigans
    A_Shannigans Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I can see where you might want to tighten your tummy... other than that you look fine to me... even there you look like you just need a little tightening...of course it's what YOU think that matters. Plenty of ab exercises out there. Crunches and planks ect... I liked the rowing machine idea for the arms.
  • darnnells
    darnnells Posts: 37
    Options
    Monique, sometimes genetics is the biggest factor in how you are shaped. YOUR SHAPE is gorgeous. You have a nice bottom that looks appealing to most men. You can still rock a bathing suit (bikini). The pooch is just evidence that you are a real woman that eats. Not a rabbit eating only lettuce or vomiting to stay a size zero after binge eating. ANOTHER thing, work on your attitude and gain a little *****y self confidence so that you can zing these *kitten* that say stupid stuff to you and think they can get away with it. YOU LOOK GOOD GIRL.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    To quote Loudon Wainwright III:

"You are what you are and you ain't what you ain't"

We are born with certain body types. We can work with the "raw material" and try to get it looking as good as possible, but your basic body profile is something that you can't change. You can get as lean and "toned" as you can, but if you have a body type that has a waist and thighs that are disproportionate to the upper body, that profile will still exist.

Now you mentioned a couple of times that you were "thinking about toning up". If you aren't doing a lot of resistance work, then that would definitely be something I would encourage. I think you would be a good candidate for some higher-intensity, circuit-type programs.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    looking at your pics I don't really see a problem, you have a very nice body. I think the real problem is the people you are hanging around. Who would want to hang out with people that talk to others like that? Get rid of the superficial A-holes and tell the guys where to shove it. You can't change some things about your body, but you can change your confidence with it, and confidence is always sexy.

Also, squats and lunges, squats and lunges, squats and lunges...........if anything will help they will, but be aware you are who you are and there is only so much you can do.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    It sounds like those guys have been listening to those player-type dating experts that tell men to reel 'em in by making women feel insecure. Ignore them and hand with people with a bit more respect for others.

^^This. I don't know why these idiots think making women feel lousy about their bodies is going to make them want to get naked?

But, my arms were quite stick like and I had thicker thighs. I recomend strengh training not just for your arms but your whole body, It will give definition to your arms, tone your legs, and help with your stomach.
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I am built just like that, a full size smaller on top than on bottom. There's not a lot you can do to change your shape. I know you do plenty of cardio, maybe try doing some more weight lifting to get your arms and shoulders a bit bigger, and look more proportionate. Lifting weights will tone up your core as well.

I know you just want exercise advise, but I've so been there done that with guys that are @#$-holes. Please don't waste your time, you'll never be "good enough" to please people like that. I wasted a lot of years being miserable and hearing those comments about myself. Now I'm married to a wonderful guy who saw me gain 60 pounds during pregnancy and never once made me feel anything but beautiful. But first thing is to decide you are worth it, and not seek approval from others about your appearance. :flowerforyou:
  • ekirk92
    ekirk92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh, I hate that for you. I really do. And I know exactly how that feels. It's not a confidence booster that's for sure. The people that said all that about you obviously have some issues of their own to be so deprived as to down-play your beauty and fabulous body. I looked at your photos and saw a very beautiful woman. I don't see anything wrong with you at all. Be confident in who you are and how you look. It may not change how they see you, but when you're confident in yourself none of that matters. What's most important is that you love you.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Back off the cardio and lift some weights. Give your body a reason to burn fat, not hang onto it. Female store their fat on the hips, butt, and thighs. That is just how it is (belly fat is visceral fat and comes from eating a lot of carbs, not fat - fat is actually very, very important on a female body - we are fetus bearing organisms. This is why it won't let go of it so easily).

That's what cardio does (makes you 'skinny-fat'. Skinny without a lot of lean muscle mass but still plenty of fat mass):

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/chronic-cardio/

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/case-against-cardio/

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/chronic-cardio-2/

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/search-results/?cx=004987908667488763946:kd-fp2c7jek&cof=FORID:11&ie=UTF-8&q=chronic+cardio (This is the entire search results)

You won't bulk up lifting weights. Women need testosterone to do that and we just don't make enough of it.
    (I dropped 10lb doing the low-calorie, low-fat, whole-grain thing. Then I started Primal Blueprint. I dropped another 12lb and saw numbers I haven't seen since before puberty (108-110lbs!!!). I've always had a belly and that was gone in a month (dropped 4"-5" off my natural waistline). I went from a size 6-8 (I had dropped weight before Primal) down to a size 2. I have maintained this for more than a year now with very little exercise, not counting calories or weighing foods - I monitor my carb intake - quantity AND quality). There is a lot you can do to change your shape.

Now this is just my N=1. But that's how it should be for all of us. N=1. The Standard American Diet and the USDA guidelines will ensure I become diabetic. It's a high sugar-equivalent diet and my body doesn't do sugar very well. Meanwhile, I fight to stay above 110lbs by getting about 70% of my daily calories from FAT (coconut oil, butter, olive oil, eggs, animals, avocado oil, dark chocolate, coconut milk, heavy cream in my coffee!!)

Body composition is about 80% diet. The other 20% is a combo of exercise and genetics.

Other than that...who the hell cares what anyone else thinks about you!!!!!! There is only one person on this earth whose opinion should matter to you and that is the person in the mirror!!!!!

Some reading for females that will make you all feel like lionnesses!!

http://www.paleoforwomen.com/the-evolutionary-perspective-liberating-and-empowering-a-womans-self-hood/. (She's got some great uplifting articles for us women)

"...A paleo diet (though not a specific diet, but rather the TEMPLATE in which to experiment and exist) is the only cure, really, to the disconnect that has emerged between a woman and the natural programming of her body..."

http://www.paleoforwomen.com/self-love-and-weight-loss/

http://www.paleoforwomen.com/women-losing-weight-how-im-a-liar-and-in-why-its-actually-hard-as-hell/
  • someblackgirl
    Options
    I think pear-shaped women are beautiful. You just need to boost that confidence of yours, Miss Lady. Like others have posted, make yourself happy and try not to let the opinions of others get you down. I'm guilty of worrying about what others think as well. But at the end of the day, you are in your body and you are in your mind. Learn to be comfortable in both.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    And I think you're beautiful.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Seeing as how you are absolutely beautiful, I think you need to not give a darn. That said, we all lose/gain weight in different places, and if you want more shapely arms, you will have to make them at the gym.