Starting fresh from Yesterday - Encouragement needed

Options
Hi my name is Julie and I really need to get my healthy eating back on track as I have totally lost the plot :sad:
After staying at goal on Weight Watchers for nearly four years, which has been hard work and commitment, I have for the first time gone over my goal :mad: and yesterday I thought "Enough is Enough _ GET A GRIP" so I started up MFP and am going to need all the help from other MFP members as I can. I am so annoyed with myself for going down this unhealthy easier way of eating.
So NO more excuses on my part - I am not going to give in to crap eating anymore !!!
With help, tips and encouragement we can all help each other :happy:
Here goes for day two..................

Does anyone else feel annoyed with themselves for doing so well then losing the plot ?????????? I'd love to hear from you if you do ! 【ツ】【ツ】¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤【ツ】【ツ】¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤

Replies

• Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I always feel annoyed I let my weight slip. I am enjoying my mfp journey not only exploring new healthy foods but the new found fitness I have gained from it from the exercise. Its great.

Please feel from to add me, I will help, support and motivate you to getting back to where you want to be.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Good luck on your journey!
  • lemonlime1
    lemonlime1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I started back in January and did really well for a couple of months - lost over a stone and was feeling great. then for some reason I just gave up - and all the bad ways crept back. Ive started back today so maybe we can encourage each other? My vow is also not to eat any CRAP!!
  • juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie

I am farily new to this too and could do with building up some "diet mates" I have had a great two weeks but fell off the wagon completely yesterday (ate around 8 chocolate biscuits) - I only need to lose a stone which in the big scheme of things should be easy...!

Chalk off yesterday - it's better to look at how you have done for the week - and don't weigh yourself too often!!

Please feel free to connect

Have a great day

Alison :-)
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You've come to the right place for support and motivation. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Lost 40lbs in a year, found 10 of them in the last 6 months (sad to say found 7 of 'em on WW), trying to get back on track, but almost hopelessly lost on what the best method is for losing again since cannot go back to what I was doing to lose the 40 (can't afford it and do not want to go that extreme, although the funny thing is, the 10 I found were the 10 I lost on my own.)
    Hoping to get back on track (meeting with a personal trainer friend for some help and direction this week.) So, I'm here!
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am currently on like day 42-ish and in the beginning I remember how hard it was changing my eating habits. I came home from work late one night around 930 pm, we had no groceries in the house, it was Friday night and the hubby suggested MCDONALDS! I could not say NO! I had absolutely no will power. As soon as the words came out of his mouth it was like I was already committed to eating there. After we ate... I yelled at him cause I felt like crap lol I told him he cannot offer this food to me. He told me it was my choice and I could have said no. It was at that point that I felt like a food addict and like my obsession had controlled me. I was very bummed out that I just could not say no. And it wasnt really his fault. Needless to say, it did not keep me full and my lips were just red from all the salt on the fries and I was dissapointed in myself....

Thankfully I have not had any sort of fast food since then :)

I help myself by just committing to every day ( only ) and making healthy choices. Today is a new day, all by itself, and if I just make small good decisions it will work out in the long run. And if you screw up - tomorrow is a new day, start fresh.
  • sweetandtenderhooligan
    Options
    hi Julie,
    im exactly in the same boat as you , but determined to get healthy and eat better. feel free to add me if you like :smile:
  • embs50
    embs50 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi I did that myself but I just started myfitnesspal and tracking is easier for me than ww and I lost 3 pounds even though I haven't been totally on track. So you didn't do what you were supposed to do yesterday, wasting time being annoyed with yourself just adds stress and weight, but hey Carpe Diem! Put your energy into doing something positive, you've done well before you'll do it again. It probably is better to allow an occasional bit of junk food as long as you track it and keep portions reasonable. All or nothing can lead to getting off track completely. But look you can already feel less annoyed because now you did something about it and you can say to yourself NICE...one less step to take to my goal. OKAY so get to your food and exercise plan and tomorrow will be even better! :flowerforyou:
  • helicajustice
    helicajustice Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie :)
    I too think that MFP helps more than weight watchers, plus you get to see friends' progress, advice and wisdom! Any positive people feel free to add me!
  • Grimlock69
    Grimlock69 Posts: 197
    Options
    Don't stress. You can do this. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • LisaWilson2012
    LisaWilson2012 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me sweetheart. It's so hard to change your habits. My downfall is my social life. Friend requests for meals and evenings out. I sometimes feel like a flipping hermit...!

Stick at it flower xxx
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie, this site is definitely a real help, and I have found it much better than weight watchers, not to mention cheaper! Feel free to add me if you like :flowerforyou: