One year in the making! Huge NSV!!!

Options
oberon0124
oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
I started here last August and had the pleasure of so many diffdereent friends over this past year. All friends that worked to make me a better person in spite of myself. It started with my daughter and I cointinue to make new friends each and every day here.

My goal a year ago was to do a local road race here in my home town. The fruits of all my labor came true this past weekend when I walked the race. The local paper also did a story before and after the race. Some friend had given them the info on my 151 lbs weight loss. It was a blessed day with people I did not know cheering me on and having signs up for me. It was a blessed day and one I will always cherish!. Yet there was no personal record as I had to stop and thank all of them that wanted to talk to me, take a pic or just shake my hand. I could not be rude, next year cane be for peresonal records.

Thank you to each and every one of you here that has helped in some small and or large way. I fear that without this site I would have failed.

Take a second to read the article below. The link is there and MFP is listed as a major contrbuter to my success!

Thank you all once again!

Don
Oberon0124

http://qctimes.com/sports/columnists/doxsie/man-drops-pounds-to-achieve-goal-of-walking-qct-bix/article_812156f0-d6ca-11e1-8be0-0019bb2963f4.html

Replies

• twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    So proud of you!!
  • aHarness625
    aHarness625 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How wonderful! Congratulations on your success!!:happy:
  • gabriellegabster
    Options
    Read the newspaper article and got all choked up. You are awesome!
  • jonesdav254
    jonesdav254 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Well done! Congrats!! Enjoyed the newspaper article!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    :) My hero!
  • wannabehotmomma
    wannabehotmomma Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Awesome stuff Don!! So proud of you!!
  • DirtyStacks
    DirtyStacks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I started here last August and had the pleasure of so many diffdereent friends over this past year. All friends that worked to make me a better person in spite of myself. It started with my daughter and I cointinue to make new friends each and every day here.

My goal a year ago was to do a local road race here in my home town. The fruits of all my labor came true this past weekend when I walked the race. The local paper also did a story before and after the race. Some friend had given them the info on my 151 lbs weight loss. It was a blessed day with people I did not know cheering me on and having signs up for me. It was a blessed day and one I will always cherish!. Yet there was no personal record as I had to stop and thank all of them that wanted to talk to me, take a pic or just shake my hand. I could not be rude, next year cane be for peresonal records.

Thank you to each and every one of you here that has helped in some small and or large way. I fear that without this site I would have failed.

Take a second to read the article below. The link is there and MFP is listed as a major contrbuter to my success!

Thank you all once again!

Don
    Oberon0124

http://qctimes.com/sports/columnists/doxsie/man-drops-pounds-to-achieve-goal-of-walking-qct-bix/article_812156f0-d6ca-11e1-8be0-0019bb2963f4.html

Don - getting fit brings about so many wonderful changes in our lives! Being able to do things you couldn't or wouldn't even attempt before, fitting into smaller clothes, reducing health risks, feeling better physically, having greater self confidence and mental fortitude, and one of the more surprising things is becoming a motivation to all that find themselves in the same quagmire of morbid obesity. You are an inspiration to all of us!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME, well done! :D
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Don!!! You've done an awesome job...keep up the great work!!! Great story!
  • kyrstin__1188
    kyrstin__1188 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is so awesome, and you are such an inspiration :)
  • oberon0124
    Options
    So proud of you!!

From one of my earliest supporters!! You had a big part in this!!!

Hugs

Don
  • oberon0124
    Options
    Awesome stuff Don!! So proud of you!!

Thank you for all your contiunued support!
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow!! What a great story. Congratulations. What an amazing accomplishment:happy:
  • oberon0124
    Options
    :) My hero!

How do I respond to this my little road dog! Yoiu are the best and have been one of my most ardent supporters in this journey. Next year! Yes next year you must join me and experience this great event!

Hugs

Don
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an awesome acknowledgement of all your hard work :smile:
  • kerryjudson
    kerryjudson Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    what a fabulous write up, you are truly inspirational
  • razorbecky
    razorbecky Posts: 134
    Options
    Congratulations, You rocked it and you are such an inspiration!!!!!
  • oberon0124
    Options
    Congratulations, You rocked it and you are such an inspiration!!!!!

You have been an important part of this you know, so very important!!

Hugs

Don
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!!!! you really are an inspiration to anyone that has ever dreamed of being part of something!!! keep up the awesome attitude!!!!!
  • valerieg78
    valerieg78 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great story!! I live in IA and the Bix is also on my "to do list"!! Keep up the great work, it's worth it in the end!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!