Just need to vent

Options
On Saturday afternoon, me, hubby and the kiddo went to our local rec center. Hubby and kiddo went to the pool and I went up to the gym. The gym there has 8 or 9 treadmills that face out the windows. I was to the far left the one to my right was open and the others full.

I was just finishing my time. I had done 35 min at 3 MPH with an incline. I know I was a hot sweaty mess. A younger guy got on the machine next to me, as I stepped away his friend came up to him. The first guy said get on that one and lets go. The other guy turned, looked at me, looked back at his buddy and said naw, her fat *kitten* probably broke it. The first guy was clearly embarassed, I was so upset I had tears in my eyes. then I got pissed.

I walked up to the second guy and said, Im sorry do you have something to say to me? He just looked at me, so I kept getting in his face. Did you need to make another comment about my weight? Is something I am doing disturbing you? Does my weight play some part in your pathetic life? He never said a woord just looked at me. I told him next time he wanted to be a ****, have the balls to say something directly. I said I may be fat, but I am losing. You will always be an *kitten*. and I walked away.

Why do people need to beat each other down? Isn't life hard enough as it is? I really let this get to me this weekend and I made poor choices in my eating and exercising. It still stings.

Replies

• NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It breaks my heart when people have to deal with this crap! Good for you for saying something. I'm glad you are venting, so you can let it go, and move forward. (The jerk!) :mad:
  • ag2ut
    ag2ut Posts: 20
    Options
    I am absolutely disgusted. Kudos to you for speaking up and not punching him in the face. Especially after a workout, I probably wouldn't have had that much self-restraint. Everything you said to him is exactly right: you're taking care of you and he's pathetic. Wow. Just wow. Keep at it, girl, and don't EVER let people like him get you down!
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I hate those guys.

You should be commended for doing something about it. Not like you were standing on the treadmill wih a bag of chips.

insensitive doucheprick
  • MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Oh huge cheer and big applause! Good for you for standing up for yourself.

Who knows what's going on in that guys life, what makes him so cruel.

You are beautiful the way you are now and you are working to feel better and be more healthy. Just let him flow away from you.

P.s. Karma is a *****.

p.s. At least yours was from a total stranger. I was speaking to my fiance while I was typing to you and he just happened to mention that, "You've really let yourself go." Nice, huh? Hey Monday, how you doing?
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Good for you for saying something! Hopefully, he'll have learned something from this.
    And congrats on the weight loss so far;:flowerforyou: don't let one weekend set you off track.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    edit for dbl post
  • sonivmartin
    sonivmartin Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Love the way you handled it...didn't let him get away with being an a@@! And pointed out to him that while you can make a change...he can't if he continues to act like that. It breaks my heart to know though that there are people out there like that...instead of being an a@@...he should be supportive. I know there were times I didn't want to go to the gym because I didn't think I was in "good enough" shape...but at least I went. Keep up the great work...and keep your head high!
  • RickiD530
    RickiD530 Posts: 15
    Options
    I am so impressed that you had the balls to stand up to that jerk. You are better than him. Don't let one horrible person get you down. Keep fighting for what you want! You can do it!!! we are all there to support you. That's what this website is for :)
  • cathleencan
    Options
    wow that's just horrible. i'm very sorry you had to come into contact with such a creep. i always just shrug things off thinking about karma. hopefully someone will treat him as bad as he treated you in this situation.
  • jonesdav254
    jonesdav254 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Well done (and said)! It is sad that there are people who need to say things like this to try to appear cool. However, the lack of cool on the part of this young man was evident in his statement and cowardliness. Perhaps your admonishment will make him STOP and think before he comments in the future.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Good for you for standing up to him! People are just so incredibly rude sometimes - it's like they think that the person about whom they are speaking isn't really a person at all. I'm glad that you called him on his horrible behavior. You may also want to mention it to the gym's manager on duty (though hopefully such a thing would never happen again) - they certainly don't want people to be discouraged from using the facilities.
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just wow. I wonder if his mother knows she gave birth to infectious human waste.
  • chapman6
    chapman6 Posts: 1
    Options
    Good for you. This guy was obviously a total idiot. Glad you challenged him and spoke up. Sounds like he is full of himself.
    :happy:
  • sempertracy
    sempertracy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for showing your self confidence! Something he clearly lacks due to his inability to face you with his comments.
  • judykay05
    judykay05 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm so glad you spoke up! What a jerk! You told him right, and karma will be his, because if he is like that to perfect strangers, just imagine how he treats his friends and relatives. But, don't let him affect you. You are a beautiful person and deserve to be fit and happy and you have all of us here supporting you, and I really mean that. Don't let some ignorant a** affect your goals and your happiness!
  • iluvmycats
    iluvmycats Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow Im with everyone else!
    Nice job!
    You not only did something for yourself but you spoke for so many people who have been treated that way or avoid gyms bc of jerks like that. I would have felt so sick i would have run out and never looked back!!

Congrats to you for empowering yourself like that!
    Jen

Two thumbs up!!!:laugh:
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Good for you for telling him off - what a scumbag! It's pretty pathetic when people think they have to insult total strangers just to make themselves feel better.
  • Deedles2012
    Deedles2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your words and show of support. I really let that jerk get to me. I was even going to skip the gym today because I was afraid I would run into him. But I didn't! I walked in, got on my machine, did my routine and came home feeling stronger than I have in a long time. :bigsmile:
  • wildcat808
    wildcat808 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    what an *kitten*! im so glad you said something to him and put him in his place. no one has the right to mistreat or disrespect others.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Wow i was about to cry just reading that. How incredibly rude of him. I am glad that you stood up to him. I like to think i would have too but, may have just started crying and left. But, as i do more and weigh less i am feeling a little bit more confident. I think you handled it perfectly and i am glad you went back. That guy is a first class loser. Keep up all your hard work.