weight up, size down...

Options
I know its muscle, I can see the difference. My arms and legs are more toned and I shaved 2 inches off my belly. But its still rough to see the bathroom scale going the wrong way. Anybody else having a rough time with this?

Replies

• KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    throw out the scale and then you'll just feel great! :)
    seriously you are obviously making great progress why wreck that by feeling bad about a # on the scale
    scale.jpg
    i stole this image from someone on MFP adn i can't remeber who- if it's you sorry and i give you all the credit
  • Rambo313
    Rambo313 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yes as I increase my intensity at the gym and keep lifting heavier weights, I laugh at the scale when I get on it. I have gained 6lbs from my lowest weight yet I look better now then I did then, I fit into clothes that I don't. Its really just a number that no one else knows but you unless you share it with people.

Factors that my measure my success:
    Endurance,
    how I feel inside and out
    Improving health
    Clothes fitting better
    More confidence
    Can run longer and faster
    Inches lost

Factors that DONT measure my success:
    A piece of metal junk called the scale :)

There is so much more success in ones life when it comes to a healthy lifestyle then what the number on the scale says, try not to let it define you.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    throw out the scale and then you'll just feel great! :)
    seriously you are obviously making great progress why wreck that by feeling bad about a # on the scale
    scale.jpg
    i stole this image from someone on MFP adn i can't remeber who- if it's you sorry and i give you all the credit

That is great :)

I put on weight at my last check-in, it's cool, the belt rules :)
  • shelllea
    shelllea Posts: 6
    Options
    Awesome! I needed that!:happy:
  • shelllea
    shelllea Posts: 6
    Options
    You are right. I'm not even sure how I got hooked on that scale thing, but its time to quit looking at it so often.