Does your significant other think your crazy for using MFP?

Options
Does your spouse, girlfriend, or boyfriend think your are wasting time counting calories or rolls his or her eyes when you talk about how many calories something has?

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Nope - my husband is on MFP too. :-)
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    If they do, tell them that you can't fix what you don't measure. Ask them if they would spend money not knowing how much they had in the bank or available on their credit line.
  • Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Actually, my fiancee is extremely supportive. He is on MFP as well, and though he reached his goal weight about 2 months ago and is only maintaining, he still encourages me whenever I hit a roadblock.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Nope...he is very supportive!
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    My wife is very supportive of me doing this, and vice versa with her doing Weight Watchers.
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    She doesnt think i am crazy but she did get a little pissed last night when i woke her up and asked if she was ready to go walking...after 30mins of me asking she finally got up and we walked a mile together.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Yep until I really started feeling great, now he is on here too! lol
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My SO couldn't be bothered to count calories himself, however, he's very much enjoying his own weight loss as a direct consequence of all the tasty yet low-calorie meals I've been cooking for us, so he's very supportive.
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Occasionally he does. Like when we go out to eat and I talk about how many calories are in something that he is eating. He says I need to take a break from all the counting sometimes. I feel like I need to be conscious about everything that goes in the tank even on the days I know I am going to go over on cals. It's just holding yourself accountable you know?

BTW...Go Rangers...we are kicking *kitten* this year!
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    lol no husband is on MFP too. I do find it cumbersome sometimes figuring out what we can BOTH eat since his calorie count is so much higher than mine.
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    No way! My husband is thrilled with the results and my motivation to keep going. He's joined MFP for the calculators and the activity logging. I joined for the community because accountability works for me.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    My husband is very supportive, in fact, he told me last night he admired my determination. (and my new body!)
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I try not to over do it by constantly telling him what every little thing is worth in calories.

I spend 10mins on MFP every morning, noon, dinner and before bed time. Sometimes during snacks as well. I try not to let it use up all of my free time. It would be unfair to my bf if I did.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • llock51016
    llock51016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    my husband does it with me except on weekends. he thinks sometimes i am a bit overboard, but still pretty supportive.
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. My hubby is supportive of my weight loss but now he tells everyone he's gonna have me committed to the mental ward b/c I'm down to a hundred lbs and still worry about what I eat and getting enough exercise:ohwell:
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    He really had no response. I've been doing this for months and finally told him yesterday lol. He's concerned about his health and body almost as much as I am
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Does your spouse, girlfriend, or boyfriend think your are wasting time counting calories or rolls his or her eyes when you talk about how many calories something has?

I don't talk calories but I do talk about carbohydrate and my OH has admitted to consuming less as she has seen the results I am getting :)

I don't see it as wasting time, it's like a big experiment with me determining what I need right now.

Being a geek I quite enjoy tinkering with my nutrition.
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Yes sometimes she thinks I am crazy. But I can tell you this much...she likes the new me, I've lost 40 of the pounds I need to lose so she is generally very supportive.
  • TonyM1984
    TonyM1984 Posts: 267
    Options
    Great posts, glad to hear many on here get the right support!