Finally, the scale moves

Options
So, some of you may know that I was very discouraged last week by the scale and my body fat percentage not changing very much. I decided to take this weekend off of the gym and allowed myself to eat whatever I wanted yesterday (first time in over a month that I really strayed off track). This morning I weighed 4.4 less!!! Huh? This is proof to me that it's very important that I eat my net calories for the day. I'm back on track today and will be hitting the gym hard tonight to make up for not going all weekend. I am mentally regrouped and back in the game :-)

Replies

• MeganKatiie
    Options
    Great job, Maybe this is my problem to, that i haven't been eating enough :(
  • Sooze_1975
    Sooze_1975 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It very well could be. It's hard to wrap my mind around; me, an overweight individual not eating enough to lose weight :-/ but my results are proving to me that this can very well be the case. Good luck on your journey!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm back on track today and will be hitting the gym hard tonight to make up for not going all weekend.
    So you found that not going to the gym and eating more lost weight, and you're going back to the gym ?? I'm not following the logic at all.
  • Sooze_1975
    Options
    Yes, that could be confusing! LOL I'm going back to the gym because I miss it and really enjoy it. However, I am going to make sure that I eat my net calorie limit instead of under eating like I was previously doing. :-)
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Get that protein! LOTS of protein. I talked to you before and noticed you do the gym a lot, so get like 25 to 30 percent of your calories from protein.

AND... you should take away this from your ordeal: Some days off ARE NEEDED. Gotta kick back your heels some time to let the body catch up!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I will usually have bigger losses if I take TWO rest days from working out instead of my typical one day rest. I don't think I actually lost more weight, but rather, my muscles were storing extra water repairing themselves. So, taking an extra rest day allows them to release more of the water as the muscles repair themselves.

Basically, I think working out masks weight loss.

My typical weight loss pattern for a month, once I increased the intensity of my workouts:

Week 1: lose .5 lbs. or maintain (or on rare occasion, gain slightly)
    Week 2: lose 1.5 lbs. to 2.5 lbs.
    Week 3: maintain
    Week 4: lose 1.5 to 2.5 lbs.

Total lost for the month: 4 to 5.5 lbs.
  • Sooze_1975
    Options
    Get that protein! LOTS of protein. I talked to you before and noticed you do the gym a lot, so get like 25 to 30 percent of your calories from protein.

AND... you should take away this from your ordeal: Some days off ARE NEEDED. Gotta kick back your heels some time to let the body catch up!

I agreed, I wasn't giving myself any reast days prior to this weekend, but I plan on it from now on. Thanks! :smile:
  • Sooze_1975
    Options
    I will usually have bigger losses if I take TWO rest days from working out instead of my typical one day rest. I don't think I actually lost more weight, but rather, my muscles were storing extra water repairing themselves. So, taking an extra rest day allows them to release more of the water as the muscles repair themselves.

Basically, I think working out masks weight loss.

My typical weight loss pattern for a month, once I increased the intensity of my workouts:

Week 1: lose .5 lbs. or maintain (or on rare occasion, gain slightly)
    Week 2: lose 1.5 lbs. to 2.5 lbs.
    Week 3: maintain
    Week 4: lose 1.5 to 2.5 lbs.

Total lost for the month: 4 to 5.5 lbs.

Thank you for the suggestion, I appreciate it. :smile:
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    It's one of the BEST feelings, isn't it?? :-D
  • Sooze_1975
    Options
    Did you try taking a poop? Works for me.

This made me laugh!!! LOL Yes, I'm fine in that arena. LOL