Face sweating....and running!!!

Options

Replies

• danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I am an extreme sweater from my face and head...it's so annoying!! I use a visor with a headband underneath it. As for the runny nose, "The Woodsman's Blow," as my dad calls it, does the trick. As others have mentioned, make sure no one is near you when you do that, though!! :smile:
  • draculaspointer
    draculaspointer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I wear a bandanna Rambo-style when I run. I, too, get quite sweaty...yuck! But bandannas are so cheap - I have a bunch of cute ones I picked up at Walmart. I never get sweat in my eyes or dripping down my face anymore!

This! I do the exact same thing! It really works well and is always soaked at the end. Occasionally Ill have a small drop escape, or start below it, but it works so well. Then, at the end of a long run when its completely soaked, I put it around my neck for my cool down walk. Kinda gross I know...but it really helps to cool down! And I wash the bandana 3 times a week (after every major run).
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Hi All runners sweat!!!! I carry a wash cloth in the waist of my shorts and use that to wipe. If your sweating you are working!!! Keep up the great work!!!

This! If I'm not drenched and gross by the time I'm done, I didn't push myself hard enough!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too, and I found rolling a bandana and tying it like a headband helps.
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am not a runner but I sweat when I bike and basically use my shirt if necessary but here is an idea that might help. I was talking with a neighbor of my son and she said when she goes out to cut the grass and it's hot she gets her hair wet and she keeps a hat in the freezer. She tucks her hair under the freezer hat wet and that keeps her cool. Have not tried it but sounds plausible.
  • FlamingJune67
    FlamingJune67 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh, I hate sweat running in my eyes! I'm practically blinded.
    I wear a Headsweats visor that works even better than the sweatbands I used to wear. It is washable, and actually wicks the sweat all the way through the brim of the hat! I also carry a small microfiber towel on my waistband.
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I like these ideas! I usually just use my t shirt as I am going along...lol. Reallll ladylike and all!

This is what I do too! I am a sweaty mess!
  • Lesley2800
    Lesley2800 Posts: 92
    Options
    Bondi bands!!!! They have some really cute ones with great sayings. I have one that says It's All Good and one that says Are People Chasing Me. :)
  • KM11102011
    KM11102011 Posts: 41
    Options
    bump
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    I figure the choices are either bandanna or botox, so I chose bandanna.

I also have a funny terry wristband w/ pockets so that I can carry keys and id when running. It's super 70s.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    wear a baggy shirt, wipe your face with it.
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    When it's real hot, put a few ice cubes in a line along your bandanna as you're rolling it up, then tie it loosely around your neck. The ice melts and runs down your back and chest as cold water. Ooooooh yeah!
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Didn't read all the replies so maybe someone mentioned this but I wear a Buff headband. It wicks away moisture. I wear it low on my forehead to keep sweat out of my eyes.

http://www.planetbuff.com/shop-buffs/uv-headbands.html
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club!

For shorter runs I'll usually just put up with it and use my sleeve to wipe my eyes but for longer runs I have a running hat that is specifically designed to wick away the perspiration and channel it along the visor........on really hot days I'll see sweat dripping from both sides of the visor (they're made by Chamipon systems and my tri club orders them a couple of times a year - I'd never seen anything quite like it before)
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I sweat like a pig, too! I manage it by wearing a bandana, usually in the "do-rag" style.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    It makes my nose run. How are you supposed to deal with that? LOL When running outside, I don't have a sweatrag or tissues with me....suggestions?:blushing:
    Carry a sweatrag and tissues?
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with sweating, no matter what I do. I wear a halo head band but I am definitely going to check out that Headsweats baseball cap. Sometimes I wear a baseball cap and I looked at it the other day and it has white swear marks all over it. Kinda gross!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I sweat a lot when I run. Head sweats so much it drips off the bill of my hat I wear For the most part the hat keeps it out of my eyes but some times it would be nice to have a wrist band. I might start doing that myself
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Nike running hat-i literally wont have any drips down my face, it's great. Very lightweight and doesn't make your head hot like a regular ball cap. I think i got it on clearance for 15 bucks.
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    What a great thread, thanks OP! I sweat insane amounts when I run, cross train, anything really, like rivulets running off me everywhere. I hate it and why I sweat more NOW than I ever did when I started out all fat and out of shape is beyond me, but this just gave me some great ideas!