Are you addicted to myfitnesspal?

Options

Replies

• Life_Is_Good2_Me
    Life_Is_Good2_Me Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    LOL! I love this. So describes me slow days at work!
  • MonicaLee92
    MonicaLee92 Posts: 222
    Options
    I am on here all of the time! Esp while i'm at work I go through and read as much as I can. I'm addicted to this site and I love the people here!
  • Vgrindle
    Vgrindle Posts: 23
    Options
    Yes, check on it all the time :)
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    That's just silly!

*refresh page. refresh page. My Home. My Profile. refresh. Inbox. Friends list. Message Boards. refresh page. refresh page.*

OMG like looking in a mirror :)

Same here but I figure it is a healthy addiction:)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,011 Member
    Options
    If I have to be addicted to something I am glad it is MFP, it used to be ice cream.....ok done with confession time
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I've checked in for 300 days in a row and I am usually on her 3 - 4 times a day.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    yes. I am
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure i need an intervention. no, seriously!
    okay, so signs of addiction are:

- Extreme mood changes – happy, sad, excited, anxious, --> more happy since using mfp
    - Change in sleeping patterns --> sleep a lot better since using mfp
    - Changes in energy –> much more energetic since using mfp
    - Weight loss or weight gain --> pretty obvious
    - Secretiveness --> I check mfp at least 10x a day, sometimes when in public i'm embarrassed of how many times I check it/ am on it
    - Lying --> I lie about how much i check it, its more like 15x a day
    - Changes in social groups, new and unusual friends ---> mfp community is awesome!
    - Drug paraphernalia such as unusual pipes, cigarette papers, small weighing scales, etc --> UM food or body weight scales anyone??!?!

^^^This! LOL! LOVE IT!!!

21643952.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I'm in deep.

^^^Me too!!!! :happy:
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    If by addicted you mean it's the first thing I check on my phone when I wake up, last thing I look at before bed, have conversations about my MFP friends as I could any friends I have offline, and have a browser open the entire work day then....Nah, I don't have a problem at all.

Me neither LOL
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm hardly on at all. And I rarely post in the forums. Those addicted need to get a life.

anyone notice this person ^^^ on page 1 has 4,132 posts hahahaha.....but me, no, between work and my massive excercise routine (i hit 939 minutes last week) i'm not on here a whole lot other than to track food and excercise minutes, though i could see easily being addicted if i spent more free time on here instead of excercise :tongue:

(edit for acurate excercise minutes instead of a guess)

I noticed that too
  • lashawn0187
    lashawn0187 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is so funny I was going to blog about me becoming addicted to this site! lol I'm in love with it more than I was a few months ago when I first discovered it!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I leave it open all day and check it sometimes :)
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    So much so that my dr wants me to have a consult for OCD... i mean, obviously there are other reasons behind it. but yes, i'm addicted to MFP
  • krissyliz78
    krissyliz78 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    First it was Myspace...then it was Twitter...then it was Facebook...then it was Instagram....NOW...MFP yup I am addicted!!
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Am I addicted to MFP? I can honestly say no. It passes time. What I am addicted to

The blood, the sweat and the tears...

The pain of a good workout... the muscle burn you get when you press yourself that extra set with a few more extra pounds....

The thumping heart beat when you push your run or jog an extra minute or three...

That's what I'm addicted to...
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I am pretty obsessed but I think in a good way not a bad one. I'm not starving myself but I like to keep myself on track as well as support my mfp buddies.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Its my drug of choice.

I agree - I missed my friends posts this weekend while I was camping because there was no cell service. But yet I still did log my food. I was totally glad to come back to see my MFP family. I missed them while I was gone lol
  • Nighthawk4
    Nighthawk4 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am not addicted.

I have never yet got up at night to check here :laugh:

Most of the day though :wink:
  • mamakjknows
    Options
    Addicted no, in a symbiotic relationship, YES :()