How can I avoid this

Options
I admire her dedication and hard work, but I'm really scared of having a body like this: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/nononoon.png/

Right now I do the 30 day shred and run about a mile a day. If I need a little break from the shred (even though you're not supposed to stop) I do pilates for about half an hour instead. I eat around 1300-1400 calories a day. I want to lose weight and tone but I'm afraid I'll bulk up like this girl.

Replies

• Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    lol you will never get a body like this doing 30 day shred, those quads were built on heavy barbell squats.
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You have to lift some serious weights to look like that.
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    yeahhhhh I don't think you have worry about htis unless you're pushing hundreds of pounds a week...
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    please! this takes and incredible amount of work and time, AND eating.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I too live in constant fear of suddenly waking up one day and losing 5% in body fat while gaining 10 pounds of muscle overnight.

Honestly, this woman worked her @$$ off to get that body and you will not get there unless you eat a ton of protein at a caloric excess followed by a drastic cut of your body fat to sub 20%. I promise it won't just sneak up on you.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    She probably squats 200lbs and has gone through multiple bulking cycles where she ate 3000 calories a day.

You have no need to worry.
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    Really. Its not gonna happen unless you really want to... Besides. It ain't like it happened over night. You aren't just gonna wake up one morning huge. If it starts, you slow yourself down a notch.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    The woman in that photo does a lot of heavy squat work -- emphasis on the words "heavy" and "a lot." She's an elite level female bodybuilder. Most women would have to work really hard to achieve that level of development, and many may have to take anabolic steroids as well.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Um, nobody looks that way without trying. Hard. You aren't going to get there by accident.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I admire her dedication and hard work, but I'm really scared of having a body like this: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/nononoon.png/

Right now I do the 30 day shred and run about a mile a day. If I need a little break from the shred (even though you're not supposed to stop) I do pilates for about half an hour instead. I eat around 1300-1400 calories a day. I want to lose weight and tone but I'm afraid I'll bulk up like this girl.

First that girl is not "Bulked" up. She has very strong legs and she has a done a nice job of building some muscle. She looks amazing she does not look overly muscled. She is flexing too so her legs wouldn't look like that at rest.

Why would you be scared of being beautiful fit and sexy?
  • MENichols5
    MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That doesn't just happen from running a mile a day and doing a 20 minute work out DVD so do not worry about that. To look like that takes sincere dedication and majorly, planned-out hard work!

Doing the 30 DS/running and watching what you eat will help you lose or maintain your weight (whichever you are attempting currently) and will also help you tone! I love the 30 DS! Good luck and keep it up :smile:
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

Keep doing what your doing, and you will have zero to worry about.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You can avoid this by doing exactly what you are doing.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I like science, but I'm afraid I'll turn out like this if I learn too much.

einsteinmaharlika.jpg

Really. No one accidentally looks like the girl you posted.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

Keep doing what your doing, and you will have zero to worry about.

I lift one and a half time my body weight and have been for a year.... I can assure you that I am no where close to look like that.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options

einsteinmaharlika.jpg

Hahahahah!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

einsteinmaharlika.jpg

Lol, exactly this ^^^

Oh and it is a MYTH that you are supposed to do the 30 Day Shred for 30 days without stopping! It was meant to be done 3x a week.
  • Sk8rG
    Sk8rG Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Serious? I would LOVE to look like this! But I do not have the time nor the dedication required. No worries...you don't either.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options

einsteinmaharlika.jpg

HA! Yes. This exactly.

The other I like is "I like running, but I don't want to go to the Olympics..."
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I don't even know how someone could even think they have a chance of looking like that by doing the 30DS.............Thanks for the laugh.