Excessive bruising?

Options
I literally have dozens of bruises of all different ages all over my body, especially on my thighs. Is their a nutrient I'm missing that could be a contributing factor? I was asked if I get hit by my boyfriend the other day. Besides the fact that I'm single, the bruises need to stop coming. I don't even remember bumping into anything. They just show up. Does anyone know why this may be and how to stop it? Thanks.

Replies

• lentigogirl
    lentigogirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Vitamin B helps.
  • VogtAndrea
    VogtAndrea Posts: 236
    Options
    Go see your doctor. Talk with them about the bruising. It could be a symptom of something or it might mean that you're slightly an anemic. Either way, you're likely deficient in something that needs addressed.
  • Wol5894
    Wol5894 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You might find this website helpful:

http://bruisingeasily.net/

After going there to see if anything fits in with what is happening to you, I would suggest seeing a doctor.
  • Sk8rG
    Sk8rG Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I bruise very easily - never really though much of it...

Over the last couple of months I started getting very large bruises on my arms that seemed to come and go in different places. After a particularily ugly one showed up, I finally sat and retraced my steps to try to figure out where it came from...turns out it was from the cable machines at the gym. I was doing horizontal cable chopes and reverse wood chops and the cable was cutting across my arms.

Now, whether or not anyone else would bruise doing that....I don't know, but at least I figured out where they came from . :laugh:
  • Vitamin_K
    Vitamin_K Posts: 47
    Options
    take a multi vitamin... you may be low on Iron.. .or have Iron def anemia or some other blood problem. have your doctor order some lab work
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Do you bleed really easily? You could potentially have low platelets. Definitely check with a doctor, though.
  • taffyk06
    taffyk06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I an easy bruiser as well. My platelets count is very low and that could be the reason for you as well. My doctor asks for regular tests to be done just to monitor them other than that there isn't anything you can do to up them,other than a platelet transfusion.
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I remember being told this was probably anemia-related, for a lot of people. Eat more dark green veggies and keep your iron up. Multi-vitamins aren't a bad idea, either. But definitely check it out with your doctor, too.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Ask Peachy
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
  • amandarhapsody
    amandarhapsody Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's iron deficiency most likely. It happens to me to because I lose so many electrolytes by purging /:
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Iron
  • healthychanges1
    Options

I'm actually prescribed naproxen which they say can cause bruising! Thanks for the informative link!
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    there are some very scary things that have excessive bruising as a symptom. Take it seriously. Call your doc today, and he/she may want to see you at 8 tomorrow.
  • brendaschmitt1
    Options
    Dont want to scare you but if you are feeling any other symptoms like weakness see a doctor. I also heard calcium is good for bruising.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Go to the dr. cancer and other conditions may cause excessive bruising, just to be on the safe side.
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Also, if you take something like Aleve or Advil on a regular basis, that can cause you to bruise easily. My doctor had me on a daily dose of aspirin for a while, and between that and my anemia and pale skin, I always had bruises!
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    I bruise very easily - never really though much of it...

Over the last couple of months I started getting very large bruises on my arms that seemed to come and go in different places. After a particularily ugly one showed up, I finally sat and retraced my steps to try to figure out where it came from...turns out it was from the cable machines at the gym. I was doing horizontal cable chopes and reverse wood chops and the cable was cutting across my arms.

Now, whether or not anyone else would bruise doing that....I don't know, but at least I figured out where they came from . :laugh:

Im the same loads of bruises on my legs then realised it was from the resistance machines at the gym!! Get it checked out though just in case!!
  • BrookeeFranks
    BrookeeFranks Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have anemia (low iron). I bruise very easily and get tired pretty quick. I take the slow absorb iron when I feel it getting worse. If I take the iron too many days in a row I get cramps. I always get the same advice: take an iron supplement, eat dark leafy green vegetables, and drink orange juice with your meal. The vitamin C helps absorb the iron. Good luck! If your symptoms continue, you should probably see a doctor.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this has been said, but see if you can have an adrenal screening done, either by your primary/GP or an endo, if possible. Overworked adrenals can definitely result in easy bruising/slow healing--your cortisol may have run too high, and as a result, is now too low, resulting in easy bruising.