New to this!

Options
I am 41 years old and need to loose weight! I struggle everyday. My mom told me about this website yesterday so I am on Day 2. I set realistic goals, but it's going to be a long road for me. I have a desk job and ..to be honest...am to lazy to excercise. My fiance is very supportive, and wants to loose weight also. We SAY we are going to take a walk everynight, or at least every other night. I REALLY want to do this. For ME and for health issues. I LOVE my diet soda and I am giving it up cold turkey. Can anyone relate to this story? I need motivation, just because I have it today, doesnt mean I will have it tomorrow..ugh!

Replies

• Dayna5K
    Dayna5K Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add if you need motivation. I still drink diet coke :-)
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I have a long journey ahead of me as well. I love to exercise and do it at least 5 days a week but I love to eat. I drink diet pop not as much as I use to. I went cold turkey on candy which was a major weakness for me. It's been 4 weeks and I still miss it. I am slowly learning to replace it with fruits and have bought applesauce. Good luck to you and feel free to add me as friend.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Walks are an excellent start. You should try to do it everyday. As you get stronger you will want to increase the intensity of your workouts (bike ride, elipical machine, etc).

BTW - I have a diet Dr. Pepper nearly every weekday. I'm not into self denial. Just moderation.
  • queen4028
    queen4028 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, how are you? Congrats on starting a new healthy life. I am new to being public wit hmy weight struggle. I am recovering from a knee injury that had me stuck in the bed an wearing a full leg brace for over six months. I was always very active and it has been a struggle for me to get back walking let alone exercising like I used to. Take it one day at a time and you have great support by doing this with your fiancee.
    :happy: We can encourage each other here. Good luck!
  • ofield3
    ofield3 Posts: 2
    Options
    I totally agree with no self denial. But, the only thing I could think of, besides getting older, is that I started drinking soda again after not drinking it for 2 years.....when I started gaining the weight. I have no doubt that I will splurge and have a diet soda every now and again. But, my goal is to really lay off the soda and see if that maybe gives me a kick start in the right direction!