I hate weekends!!!

Options
OMG, I cannot get past the weekends without just blowing it.
I am the only one in my family that needs to really watch my calorie intake.
So weekends are really, no EXTREMELY hard.

I don't know how to get thru the weekends.

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    1. Portion control
    2. Pre-log your food, if possible. I find it easier to stay within goal when I give it some thought ahead of time.

You can do this, you just have to want it badly enough!
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    wknds are tough for me because ym friends and I like to go out so booze=making bad food choices :/
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! It's Pizza Galore on the weekends...huge brunches...lots of food and junk everywhere. I almost am always over, which makes me kick it in gear a little bit more on Monday to make up for the lapse.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    The bbqs and beer are kicking my *kitten*. I totally feel you.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i get through them by doing more exercise. more free time means more time to get out there and get moving. i do eat a bit more on the weekends, also, but not more than the additional exercise requires.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    willpower
  • tab1221
    tab1221 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

This^^ but replace beer with wine : (
  • KristenCook2
    KristenCook2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I struggle with weekends too. For two reasons actually - first, my sister & I work out together in the middle of the day during the week (we work together) so it's hard to get a workout in on my own. Second, my husband is not making any life changes at this point (although he really needs to) so he is always pushing to go out to eat. I've just had to be very firm with myself; if we're eating out, I stay on track no matter what. It's tough! But, at the end of the day, I want to be healthy and feel good about the choices I've made so it's important to me.

Try going into the weekend with a game plan - know what you're planning to eat and how much workout time you'll be putting in. Then, don't compromise those things!
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Nope, I rock M-Thur. sometimes on Fri., but Sat. and Sun. Kill me!
    You can't "portion control" beer...it takes all the fun out of it!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Same here. Try to work out some more to "buy" yourself some extra calories to spend. Also try to make yourself something you REALLY like, bonus points if it makes other people jealous, and eat that in place of some of the bad stuff. A beautiful salad or yogurt with fresh berries would do the trick.

Everyone knows that pizza is bad. I went for it since I had such a light breakfast. Later I realized that the three pieces I had (they weren't that big!!!) added up to 900 calories :noway: Damn... Wish I had had 1 and a salad... Probably would have felt fuller too...
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options

This^^ but replace beer with wine : (

I'm with you on the wine!!! Damn summer and nice weather and BBQs and sitting by the pool!!
  • clmcneil
    clmcneil Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I made my weigh in days on Monday so it helps to keep me on track on the weekends. When Im reaching for that extra piece of chocolate or bag of chips I keep remembering that I have to weight in soon.
  • alisonlk
    alisonlk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i get through them by doing more exercise. more free time means more time to get out there and get moving. i do eat a bit more on the weekends, also, but not more than the additional exercise requires.

I do the same thing.
  • michaelsgirl1210
    michaelsgirl1210 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Do things to remove yourself from eating situations. Go to the park, take your family to the zoo, go swimming. Do anything active! Then you can burn up some calories and have fun.
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I ruin myself on the weekends too--when I am around other people all day (weekend), I tend to follow their eating plan which is usually not as carfeful as mine. I have been thinking about creating a meal plan for the weekend, allowing myself one cheat, but trying to stick to it. Maybe that will help you too? Another thing I've been doing is weighing in on Monday--it makes me VERY accountable for what I do all week and weekend, so I know whatever I eat on Saturday/Sunday may sabotage my whole week which makes me be more careful.
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

This^^ Weekends are a great chance to go hiking, biking, swimming, you name it!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Sunday used to be my rest day for exercising and I had to switch it to Monday so I could get out of the weekend without a gain. It was the only thing that worked.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    ...same problem here...
  • Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Workout more on weekends.
  • dynad
    dynad Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Couldn't say it better myself! Beer and BBQ's kicking my butt!!!! Wake up on Mondays pissed off mad at myself and then back on track!