Replies

• jennco3
    jennco3 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :happy:
  • 2005Jeep
    2005Jeep Posts: 2
    Options
    I am ready to lose the weight and gain some weight loss knowledge along the way. I am one of the "statistics" that has tried a couple of fad diets, lost the weight and gained it back. Turning the big 50 soon, and want to look and feel healthy.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Set up MFP for 1 pound a week.

Go back to goals, manually set your protein to about 25%.

Eat back about half to 3/4 of your exercise calories.

Smart food choices.

No need for silly diets or games. Just gotta let the body do its thing.
  • iluvmycats
    iluvmycats Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Best of luck and welcome.
    I have been on the roller coaster of diet / lifestyle change, etc for so long..this time its been rocky but im not giving up!!

Please feel free to add if you need another buddy. I am not perfect at this and i have a long long road ahead of me but im more than happy to help in anyway i can!

Jen:smile:
  • HawkeyeMatt
    Options
    Best of luck, I just turned 40 and like you have been through my share of fad diets. I've found nothing works better than eating good foods like fruits, veggies, lean meats, etc. and then making sure you allow yourself some "not so good" food now and then. Also getting active is huge, even as little as 30 minutes a day. Simple and generic tips but effective nonetheless. Best of luck in your journey.
  • shellihooten
    Options
    Hi! I am new to MFP and would LOVE to add friends as well. I am 47 and just recently had the classic AHA Moment and changed my life. At my heaviest 270, I have lost 45 pounds so far. I was never a 'dieter', I just liked food and was not a mover at all, I had a very sedentary lifestyle. I started with walking, then joined a gym for the first time in my life.

I was at a stall these past few weeks when I found this site and have already lost a couple of pounds by recording every calorie going in my mouth(and here I thought I was doing so good) I am exercising 5-6 days a week, even if it's only a walk. I am committed to getting fit and staying that way.

Best of luck!